• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guys wear women's jeans, WTH?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
Sure, I mean I definitely did that when I was doing retail this summer; it's still kind of a dick move to take advantage of it imo, especially if you're not going to buy anything.
that's where real flirting talent comes out though. you gotta out flirt them until they buy it. then when they want your number, you don't give it. works both ways, just gotta freak the system right.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I just find it strange that this phenomenon appears to just now be making it's way to SF. Seriously guys, dudes in the "hardcore" scene have been doing this at least since I was in high school.
real "hardcore" scene wear camo cargo shorts with new balance, bro. tuff guys XXX

joz411no

Reaction score
I was under the impression that boys wearing girls jeans is what started the "Skinny Jeans" movement. It's what made me so surprised that it continued after all these years. Whatever makes you feel accepted, I guess.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
real "hardcore" scene wear camo cargo shorts with new balance, bro. tuff guys XXX

Nah, it ain't like that. I was always more into early 80's stuff anyway, so neither the camo bro nor the swoopy haircut stuff ever did it for me.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what do you mean? you predate that? how old are you? in your eyes do hardcore music fans wear sweatshirts and go to concerts at rec centers? the camo joints go way back.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
what do you mean? you predate that? how old are you? in your eyes do hardcore music fans wear sweatshirts and go to concerts at rec centers?

No, I think I'm not expressing myself clearly. I'm just saying that musically I wasn't too into most of the recent stuff called hardcore. Stylistically, I was always more interested in stuff that took its musical cues from early 80's stuff, I guess. Most of the people I knew wore leather jackets with tons of studs and black jeans and stuff, I dunno. Sweatpants?

tehbry

Reaction score
5 years ago? Try 8 years ago. I remember when I was still in High School and this phenomenon of men in girls jeans came in. I was hoping it had passed by now....

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
nothing is better than baggy stone-washed levis

Now we're speakin' the same language!
fistbump.gif

Re: unisex cuts, it seems like it usually tends too far on one side of the fence or the other. KMW Rockers are supposed to be unisex, but I feel like they'd be a little too high in the rise for most girls (> 9"), even in smaller sizes. Kill City, I think, does a unisex cut, but they're all spandex-y and super-low-rise (< 8"). Not sure I've heard of anything that's a happy medium.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about the 2 i mentioned ... apc ns and ps and rrl slim fit

i know girls that rock them and i rock them. both are unisex

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I gotta admit, I've never actually handled a pair of APCs. For shame, right?

I think I still have a pair of RRL Slims kicking around at home that I didn't like but never got around to selling. If I recall correctly, the rise might have been a deal-breaker for me. Maybe I'll try to dig them up and/or find a picture (I think I took a picture or two in a half-assed attempt to unload them at one point).

Also, do the Slims have full front pockets or just those half-pockets like on &quot;girl&quot; jeans? I bought a pair of RRL Slim Boots off B&amp;S, but I never wore them because they had those weird half-pockets.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Also, do the Slims have full front pockets or just those half-pockets like on "girl" jeans? I bought a pair of RRL Slim Boots off B&S, but I never wore them because they had those weird half-pockets.
gendered pockets? are you kidding me? slim jeans have those "weird half-pockets" because if they actually fit slim you probably shouldn't be putting stuff in the pockets anyway

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
gendered pockets? are you kidding me?

slim jeans have those "weird half-pockets" because if they actually fit slim you probably shouldn't be putting stuff in the pockets anyway

I think I'd argue that that's the point at which jeans become gendered. So yeah, pretty much.

Not saying that they cease to be men's jeans or that they aren't wearable by men. I still have some fairly slim jeans with "normal" front pockets, though, and I don't think a little cell phone bulge always looks out of place.
mwink[1].gif

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
how about the 2 i mentioned ... apc ns and ps and rrl slim fit

i know girls that rock them and i rock them. both are unisex

Whether or not girls rock the APC's does not change the fact that both of them are decidedly men's jeans. You would have a better case for new cures or hipsters. RRLs, I have no comment on.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i bought my apc ps from the womens section of barneys.
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads