• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy pics, but a decent outfit (I think
peepwall[1].gif
)

1000001206-1.jpg

1000001207-1.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The title of today's posting is called "I Due Scherzi" . . . . . . in Italian, "The Two Jokes". One of the posters on this site made a complaint some time ago that the sight of my face made him physically ill. Having just come back from Venice, I found the perfect solution for this particular gentleman's problem, without resorting to the use of Photoshop, courtesy of Carnevale season, when otherwise perfectly normal adults walk the streets of Venice wearing masks, tricorn hats, or cloaks, or some combination of all three. In honor of my return, I have decided to do today's posting in this spirit. The second visual joke is today's shoelaces, recently received from none other than the Spoo-meister himself, a gentleman with a taste for the odd detail, and someone with a very great sense of style. Thanks, Spoo. So, NORE, this posting is for you. Put down the Pepto-Bismol - it's safe to view my posting - today.
IMGP0129546x1280.jpg
IMGP0128526x1280.jpg
IMGP0127877x1280.jpg
IMGP0125749x1280.jpg
IMGP0126851x1280.jpg

Chico2007

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
The title of today's posting is called "I Due Scherzi" . . .

. . . in Italian, "The Two Jokes".

One of the posters on this site made a complaint some time ago that the sight of my face made him physically ill.

The second visual joke is today's shoelaces, recently received from none other than the Spoo-meister himself, a gentleman with a taste for the odd detail, and someone with a very great sense of style. Thanks, Spoo.

The fit is great. Nice and simple. Not sure how I feel about the laces.

Forgot about that hater who made comments about your face. You're a decent looking man...maybe consider changing up the facial hair for the spring.

Go for the clean shaven look. And others have already mentioned trying different glasses.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Thanks man, shoes are Barker Black. Not sure of the model name. I agree with your observation, I am generally not a fran of wholecuts for exactly that reason..

The shoes are very nice. The suit is
worship.gif
. Who made it?

@ Crusty: Why such a subdued look today? Mourning the end of vacation?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust

IMGP0128526x1280.jpg

I have seen it all now in WAYWRN. A Mardi Gras mask!!!

Well, Crusty, I will have to say this is an MBreinin approved fit. Solid blue non-reflective tie, white linen TV Fold and a Mardi Gras mask. Hey, I am from New Orleans....so I am giving you a thumbs up today.
smile.gif

Mike

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
The fit is great. Nice and simple. Not sure how I feel about the laces.

Forgot about that hater who made comments about your face. You're a decent looking man...maybe consider changing up the facial hair for the spring.

Go for the clean shaven look. And others have already mentioned trying different glasses.

I will take your comments in re: the facial hair under advisement, though it has been more than a decade since my chin has seen the light of day - there are those near and dear to me who have some interest in my retention of the facial topiary.

That being said, said near and dear persons are also of the opinion that tortoiseshell frames would be an improvement, so that may well come about sooner than later.

Originally Posted by philosophe
@ Crusty: Why such a subdued look today? Mourning the end of vacation?

Today's attire was based on the premise that I wanted to wear today's shirt, and it so happened that the combo of suit and shirt required a sober tie. It also was selected with mbreinin's voice ringing in my head (see below).

The vacation had the disadvantage of being only 51 weeks too short, mon cher Philosophe
biggrin.gif
- otherwise it was quite delightful.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
I have seen it all now in WAYWRN. A Mardi Gras mask!!!

Well, Crusty, I will have to say this is an MBreinin approved fit. Solid blue non-reflective tie, white linen TV Fold and a Mardi Gras mask. Hey, I am from New Orleans....so I am giving you a thumbs up today.
smile.gif

Mike

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and as stated above, I had your voice ringing in my head insofar as the fit was concerned.

I do think that the locals in Venezia would take issue with your reference to my mask as a "Mardi Gras" mask - they seem to be very protective of Carnevale as an institution particular to the Queen of the Adriatic.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MK_022811_01.jpg
MK_022811_02.jpg

MK_022811_03.jpg
MK_022811_04.jpg

EFBenson

Reaction score
new George Bespoke overcoat
oliver brown 'corduroy jeans'
shirt is from stephan shirts haroutunian
shoes old Paul Smith

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this by George on Cleveland street?
-TTO

sidamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flix
What do you think of that combination? Would it be OK to wear it? ;>
Suit is dark blue.

D9Wjl.jpg

I don't think that the tie matches your shirt very well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads