• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lightbringer
How is the mohair mixture in weight? How appropriate might it be for the summer? I like the peak lapels -- might have Mina do one for myself in coming times; they look more restrained than I expected, did you specifically request this?

I think the fabric should be good with the exception of July & August in NYC. There is an 8oz version which I'm considering once I gain more familiarity with the cloth, although I believe that one has only 5% mohair (still quite wrinkle resistant, as it kept springing back in my palm). As for the peak lapels, those are her design as I didn't request anything specifically. We'll get a much better feel for it during the forward, but I'm encouraged.

Originally Posted by academe
Did you request slightly roped shoulders on the 2 recent garments? I've been digging roped shoulders recently, and am curious to see how your garments turn out! Very nice silhouette on both garments; the peak lapels are a nice touch on the blue suit.

Thank you. There is zero padding in the shoulders, and while they may appear roped in the pics they are in fact not. The shoulders on both the jackets will be coming in by about 1 cm.

Originally Posted by Naturlaut II
You're getting your suit fully lined, right? Then no worries about the scratchiness. I like mohair alot.

I hadn't actually given thought to lining. My coats thus far have been quarter-lined, and as for the trousers I had the chance to tool around in them for a few hours and didn't mind how the fabric felt against the skin. This could be a perfect travel suit.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
That is when she is supposed to return to San Francisco.

Yep, should be in April, dates TBD. Parker and I were planning to introduce them to some proper Chinese food...

Originally Posted by NickPollica
Medtech - I'm the guy that came in with my brother and his son to give Mina our fabric during your friend's appointment (excuse us again for interrupting). This thread is actually what led us to NSM so thank you for all of the detailed feedback you've let here. We are both really excited about our first commissions.

No worries. If fact, it should be I apologizing to you as I was simply loitering and going through the fabric books. I'd be interested to see how your basted fittings go. Please post some pics so we get more variety beyond the usual suspects in this thread (myself included).
smile.gif

Originally Posted by taxgenius
Love it. May I ask, what's the cost of the fabric?

Thank you. Will need to get back to you regarding this fabric specifically; generally, her pricing on fabric has been quite modest. She is also working to expand her offerings from other English makes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorsod
I saw the pics of medtech and would have thought he was a professional model (the sort you'd see in Leon or Mens Ex) if I didn't know better.

he looks even better irl.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some detail shots of my brushed cotton trousers. Up until now, I've been so focused on nailing down fit that (ironically) I hadn't paid too much attention to construction and handwork. Am really liking these pants.
e19593d1.jpg
0670cfc6.jpg
f3f17655.jpg
386a3558.jpg
08721b08.jpg
8bbb0474.jpg
5f85f705.jpg

Hans Cater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
nice jacket but that pizza looks mediocre so I'm not impressed.

Yeah me neither, I mean it's Italy, the pizza should be hmm......

Well anyways the Jacket look splendid. At least that is a success.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Parker and I were planning to introduce them to some proper Chinese food...

Great idea! Hopefully you and I will have a chance to meet as well.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some detail shots of my brushed cotton trousers. Up until now, I've been so focused on nailing down fit that (ironically) I hadn't paid too much attention to construction and handwork. Am really liking these pants.

Show us the fit, tough guy.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Will need to get back to you regarding this fabric specifically; generally, her pricing on fabric has been quite modest.

Thanks. Looking forward.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
You know, this is really a really nice shade of brown. You could wear it year-round and is more interesting than khaki.

+1

I was just thinking the same thing. I really like this color.

-LR

Lightbringer

Reaction score
I think the fabric should be good with the exception of July & August in NYC. There is an 8oz version which I'm considering once I gain more familiarity with the cloth, although I believe that one has only 5% mohair (still quite wrinkle resistant, as it kept springing back in my palm). As for the peak lapels, those are her design as I didn't request anything specifically. We'll get a much better feel for it during the forward, but I'm encouraged.

Medtech, thanks for your advice. I come from Singapore so I am fearful that this still might be a no-go for regular use. I will investigate the 8oz version though! I like the peak lapels, they are actually more restrained than I expected.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice new stuff, E. You're on a roll. The brown cotton would make a killer suit.

noxlord

Reaction score

Those pants are outright gorgeous.
happy.gif
NSM is clearly at the top of their game.

Stylistix

Reaction score
So I had final adjustments to my 3-piece Loro Piana PoW this evening, and I have to state that Mina and Sr. Antonio have really raised the bar with what I can only describe as a ******* bang-on, next-level garment. While I'm still a bespoke novice, I can't see how either fit or aesthetics can be meaningfully improved from here. Am too tired and need to crash, so will provide details on mods from my previous commissions tomorrow, including a "reveal" which should be of great interest to NSM clients...

How many buttons should the vest show, with the jacket buttoned (2nd button) in a 3-piece? For that matter, how much of the vest should be seen, above the jackets 'V' opening?

How high should the vest be, relative to say the man's neck/chest/collarbone etc? The vest is supposed to be fitted across the body, is all I know (number of buttons, back fabric type being preference).

Some threads here mention one button, but I've always thought it looked better with the vest 'showing' more (as is the case here), with a higher vest buttoning point.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm hardly an expert on this, but I'd tend to favor a true 3-button (especially since such a soft jacket will roll down anyway). That would leave 1--1.5 buttons on the vest showing.

Nice clothes, though. I hope Mina's crew does as well for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads