• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss
This is a discussion forum. Do whatever you want to do with it. If you guys get all happy over some ugly clothing because it has the right labels (and tags !!11!) be my guest. I only wonder why you are posting on Styleforum....
Have you recently purchased and returned a Ben Silver tie?

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fss = hrdstc22

amadar

Reaction score
Picked this tie up today. Upon seeing it I immediately assumed it was Hermes. Anybody know what this is? To be honest, the silk itself is very Hermes-esque, if not nicer than a lot of Hermes I have seen.

IMG00266-20110227-1730.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Loewe is its own brand, based in Spain, recently making a pretty good resurgence with its handbags and leathergoods. Not really known for its mens stuff or ties.

RedRaider

Reaction score
Any hikers or outdoors folks out there? I have been really bummed for the last week or two cause I haven't found much after a month like streak of finding stuff. Well....today I picked up a 100 percent goose down vintage Eddie Bauer jacket in mint condition - army green in color for $6.75. This jacket is amazingly warm and is definitely from the era prior to EB going south. Quality all the way around! Edit with pics:
5484446054_a322ec9323.jpg
5484444666_e81532a136.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Awesome find! I'm a big fan of vintage outdoor hiking/backpacking gear and clothing. Eddie Bauer used to be amazing before they became a traditional mall brand. Quality is still pretty good, just not as great as they once were.

Edit: Just saw the pics. What's even more amazing is that it includes the removable hood! 90% of the time these were lost, if they were even purchased at all (they were sold at an additional cost).

Xenos

Reaction score
Bruno Rubinski; Charvet and Franck Namani. All very nice. Unfortunately, all size 17. Not my size. Never heard of the first, the consensus on the last seems to be that it's made by Borrelli? Both made in Italy. Charvet, of course, is made in France.

MacDaddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fss
This is a discussion forum. Do whatever you want to do with it. If you guys get all happy over some ugly clothing because it has the right labels (and tags !!11!) be my guest. I only wonder why you are posting on Styleforum....
And these aren't ugly?Please tell us,how much did you pay for these?I bet that they're good for killing cockroaches in corners.

hyakku

Reaction score
Interesting day, found a few things not worth mentioning that I've been looking for (more RL things for my collection, got a pretty nice hoodie I like). Grabbed a James Perse shirt (passed on another one, and two sweaters) not too familiar with him but nice shirt and quality, remembered his name at the barney's sample sale after I saw the tag so figured couldn't be too bad.

Another Zegna tie and Ferragamo tie, probably gonna put some of the ties I've found recently up for sale, not sure how to decide which out of the like twenty yet, like a lot of them.

Also, I lost my Ralph Lauren glasses I bought the other day in one of the goodwill fitting rooms, must have put them down and didnt get them, didn't notice until later and all of the ones I called said they didnt see them. Was extraordinarily pissed (especially considering that literally the day after I decided to try collecting RL items I found them), so I went to a final goodwill I hadn't planned on going to today when I went out (actually the same one I got them at), and don't find anything. As I'm leaving I ask to see another set of glasses, and buried amongst them I spot a pair I really like, probably more than the one's i just lost, although i'm still angry about my RL loss as I pick them up. Immediately my anger dissipates as I realize I've got a pair of pretty mint Gucci's in my hand that just needs to be tightened.

The cashier thought I was crazy for buying them for $15.00 (normally more than I would spend, but I was determined to replace those glasses and this just seemed like a gift from the gods) until he picked them up and looked at them lol.

Sometimes the gods curse you in the morning and bless you in the evening.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bartlebooth
I'd been led to believe that Made in Italy PRL wasn't Corneliani, but Caruso (who also just started doing some gorgeous SCs for the Rugby line, according to the blogosphere). And I'd also assumed that was only suits/SCs, not separates. Maybe they're orphaned suit pants?

Pretty sure they aren't orphans. There's lots of size tags etc inside that indicate they were sold by themselves, rather than part of a suit. Can show more if you're interested.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MacDaddy
And these aren't ugly?Please tell us,how much did you pay for these?I bet that they're good for killing cockroaches in corners.

God those are gorgeous!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ties, PS's, and dress shirts.

Still no shoes.

On another note, I splurged and paid $45 for a Finamore shirt from sleezebay. Grey with white stripes. I've been looking for a grey shirt for a while!

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xenos
Bruno Rubinski; Charvet and Franck Namani. All very nice. Unfortunately, all size 17. Not my size.

Never heard of the first, the consensus on the last seems to be that it's made by Borrelli? Both made in Italy. Charvet, of course, is made in France.

PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads