• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That was quite possibly the best animated movie I've ever seen. If the genetic defectives running the movie studios could only figure out how to replicate something like that, they'd be billionaires 100 times over.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I'm really not surprised. The recent animated DC movies have all been pretty solid. My favourite so far has been Wonder Woman. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse is a close second. Downloading All-Star Superman as we speak.

Avocat

Reaction score
Cool ... and appreciate the heads-up/report, Rambo: thanks! Heard great things about Superman/Batman also, Neo, but haven't had the time to check it out ... yet ... hmmm, seems I've been dilatory when it comes to the DC universe and definitely have some catching up to do this weekend (thanks for reminding me, Neo: will check it out, too).
smile.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the AllStar:Superman available in HDRip yet?
I downloaded the DVDRip but quality sucks on my HDTV.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's amazing how these films manage to juggle a dozen plots so effortlessly yet stay under 90 minutes.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
It's amazing how these films manage to juggle a dozen plots so effortlessly yet stay under 90 minutes.

This. Marvel has produced a few good ones as well. I liked Planet Hulk. It was, of course, no where nearly as good as the comic, but much better then the majority of 90 minute movies released into theatre with 30 million budgets.

BTW, Neo, the changing of your avatar saddens me, I loved the old one.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
This. Marvel has produced a few good ones as well. I liked Planet Hulk. It was, of course, no where nearly as good as the comic, but much better then the majority of 90 minute movies released into theatre with 30 million budgets.

BTW, Neo, the changing of your avatar saddens me, I loved the old one.

I just realized average running time for these films is about an hour and fifteen minutes. They feel so much longer though. Voice acting is almost always solid and pacing is pretty much flawless. Will defo check out Planet Hulk.

Emma needs a rest. She'll be coming back soon though.
redface.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really hoping Zod isn't the villain.

Viggo Mortensen is rumored to be in the running for the part of General Zod in Zack Snyder's Superman, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter.

Don't jump to any conclusions quite yet, though. Zod's involvement in the storyline is unconfirmed, and Mortensen's connection to the role is tenuous at best. The original article lists him as a "person of interest," but he's also rumored to be up for the lead in Snow White and the Hunstman, a project that would certainly preclude his involvement in the DC Comics adaptation.

Also included in the original article is the rumor that Snyder is currently casting for three female roles. If Zod is, indeed, in the script, one of those roles is likely that of the previously-rumored Ursa who, in both the comics and previous films, was Zod's right-hand woman.

While other recent reports have rumored Kevin Costner in the role of Jonathan Kent (Clark's father), the only confirmed bit of casting at this stage remains Henry Cavill as the man of steel of himself. Expect that to change shortly, though, as production will begin very soon for a December 2012 release.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I could have sworn they basically said Zod was it a while back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads