• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have a common projects wallet?

Valmak

Reaction score
I was considering getting one of these but wanted to know how money fits in.
biggrin.gif

Brinbro

Reaction score
Waste of money. Get a Property Of... leather wallet in the same style for a fraction of the price. Or, four to five when they're on Gilt.

Valmak

Reaction score
The leather on my CP shoes is top notch why would the wallet be bad? Probly same leather.
biggrin.gif

Brinbro

Reaction score
I know this, I own CP's and Property Of... items and the leather is just as nice on either. So why not save the money and pick up a wallet or two or three for a fraction of the price with the same functionality and look minus the price (honestly, how much do you think the leather costs on these to manufacture)?

Otherwise, I don't understand your question. The money fits in the damn thing like any other wallet? Do you think they made it too small for money? Too big for it? And then it depends on what model from CP you get. Ugh.

Valmak

Reaction score
Well in Makr wallets you have to double fold your bills and it makes the wallet bulky and a hassle to take money out. So I want front pocket wallet that can fit single folded bills.
biggrin.gif

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Property Of... wallets I see have stupid ass canvas panels and other dumb **** details and ugliness
ffffuuuu.gif
Just sayin'

Brinbro

Reaction score
What is your point? The ones I have aren't like that at all. Leather and a zipper.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just get a cdg and you'll be satisfied. simple and steezy and cheaper.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
I know this, I own CP's and Property Of... items and the leather is just as nice on either. So why not save the money and pick up a wallet or two or three for a fraction of the price with the same functionality and look minus the price (honestly, how much do you think the leather costs on these to manufacture)?

Otherwise, I don't understand your question. The money fits in the damn thing like any other wallet? Do you think they made it too small for money? Too big for it? And then it depends on what model from CP you get. Ugh.

I understand promoting a cheaper alternative that is essentially the same (I haven't seen either in person, so I can't comment)...but who needs two or three wallets?

In my opinion wallets are an investment piece. I've had my Prada wallet forever and I don't see it going anywhere. Most people will use the same wallet for years. Nobody needs two or three wallets. You don't need to sell him on a bargain buy.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Valmak
I was considering getting one of these but wanted to know how money fits in.
biggrin.gif

get a yuketen wallet (he makes a ton in different leathers and colors) or contact scott @ unlucky. that dude can get cxl from horween and is a ******* god when it comes to working with leather.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I went throw a wallet phase a while ago...and got a Billy Kirk one, considered a common projects and property of one, but always go
Back to my CDg cardholder/half zip. It's the best in class for real and is under 100

Valmak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
just get a cdg and you'll be satisfied. simple and steezy and cheaper.

how can you guys carry these around they look so much like a lady's wallet!?!
plain.gif

S-Town

Reaction score
plain.gif

this is true. very lady like.

stever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by S-Town
this is true. very lady like.

they are ladies wallets, right? my grillfriend has got one, i just figured you fashion fwd cats were reclaiming it in the name of men's lib or sommat

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plain.gif

There is very little about either of the common projects wallets that scream manhood.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads