• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wings + Horns S/S 2011

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro
No offense, Slack, but you seem like a small anyway in W+H sizing. I think you sized incorrectly right from the start. This dude above should go with a large, especially if he weighs anything near normal for his size. Shoulders and length would be killer otherwise, not even touching the pit to pit thing which may accommodate, albeit awkwardly in a medium. I'm 5'8", 160 lbs, and wear a medium in W+H, and in some pieces I could definitely size up for a large. I'm athletically built too. Hope that provides some insight.
truth, unfortunately.. this is a size small. It's pretty snug but fits right in my opinion. Just snapped this and remembered how f'ing short my arms are, to cause the sleeves to stack like crazy..
c0751a8f.jpg

Brinbro

Reaction score
Haha, why you always buttoning and zipping things up weirdly? It looks fine and it's cozy huh? I have that colorway on its way to me right now, wish you had sold me the light grey...

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
truth, unfortunately..

this is a size small. It's pretty snug but fits right in my opinion. Just snapped this and remembered how f'ing short my arms are, to cause the sleeves to stack like crazy..

c0751a8f.jpg

Which hoodie is that? That's not the s/s 2011 large loop terry hoodie in charcoal is it?

If it is...the white trim isn't really showing up...

Mossy

Reaction score
Just wanted to add my 2cents on the loop terry hoodie. I'm 5'7 160lbs with athletic build and had to return the medium which I originally bought. The small is a bit small on the shoulders, but the material is stretching. One thing to note is that the sleeves on these are long. So if you do your usual w+h size up thing, there is a good chance that the sleeves will look bad (even if cuffed).

Its definitely my favorite w+h hoodie so far. I recommend TTS on this piece (if you're a medium, on average, with other brands, get a medium, etc.)

Adding my pic for reference.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just about the same size. 5'7" 165. Athletic build. 41" chest. My large in heather charcoal is on it's way... ...So, is that a medium in your picture? It looks a bit tight all around, even a little on the shoulders. It looks like you just have a T under it. Wouldn't a size up be good? I understand the length on the sleeves are ridic. Anyways, hoping the L works for me...can add layers underneath like this...
HOLTS212W1361.jpg

guy must have long arms if he's not getting the same stacking...

Mossy

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't make it clear. That is a small in my picture. And yea, that is just a tee underneath. I suppose that if you wanted to layer then a size-up from TTS would be better for that, but just beware of sloppy sleeve stackage (and yea that black model obviously has long arms).

I will be very surprised if the large isn't way too big for you.

FWIW I have been a medium in many w+h pieces in the past, the zip cardigan from F/W 09, the organic terry hoodie from S/S 10, etc.

Brinbro

Reaction score
That is this past fall's charcoal. Almost the same besides stitching. I can't believe you're a large, but it may make sense if you want to layer comfortably.

Originally Posted by Dbear
Which hoodie is that? That's not the s/s 2011 large loop terry hoodie in charcoal is it?

If it is...the white trim isn't really showing up...

Psydelik

Reaction score
I feel kind of silly for copping a pair of the navy sweats, but I defs dont regret it. These things are ridiculously soft and luxurious. Will be wearing these 24/7.

In case anyone cares, I got shown a peak of what's going to be in stores very soon for Wings. I saw super cool light-coloured plaid shirts, a blue oxford, a really nice linen shirt, awesome light henleys, sweatshorts, brown chinos, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. No sign of the polos yet, however.

leica2

Reaction score
Wow,

Thanks for the help guys. Mossy's picture of him in the size small makes me want to get the Medium but the guy on the runway that dbear posted makes me want to get the Large. Hope he's wearing a Medium or Large!? LOL That layering looks pretty cool. Trying to make up my mind before these sell out. Arrrgh. decisions decisions . Dang, wish I could try one on in person but will have buy it blindly as I'm not close to any retailer.

BTW, Are the Loop terry W+H hoodies still using the high quality zippers? AKA RIRI.

Also, anyone have a shoulder and Front P2P chest measurement for both the size Medium and size Large Loop terry hoodie? That would make up my mind.

Thanks again. You guys are incredibly helpful!!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psydelik
I feel kind of silly for copping a pair of the navy sweats, but I defs dont regret it. These things are ridiculously soft and luxurious. Will be wearing these 24/7.

In case anyone cares, I got shown a peak of what's going to be in stores very soon for Wings. I saw super cool light-coloured plaid shirts, a blue oxford, a really nice linen shirt, awesome light henleys, sweatshorts, brown chinos, and some other stuff I'm forgetting. No sign of the polos yet, however.

Can we have a moratorium of complaining about the price of the sweat pants? They are obviously in a different league than Target (insert other cheap brands/stores) sweatpants. If you're interested in them and want them then they should be worth the price to you. Wings + Horns does a great job on all their sweats - it is a large part of every season from them. I keep seeing people "feeling silly" about the purchases they made, or "not justifying it." Most of the general population can't justify the price we pay for CP or Margiela sneaks, Japanese denim, and yes, sweat pants. If you are on this forum you should at least be able to entertain the idea that great sweats could cost $150. If you already bought them and love them, no need to feel bad about the money spent.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
Just wanted to add my 2cents on the loop terry hoodie. I'm 5'7 160lbs with athletic build and had to return the medium which I originally bought. The small is a bit small on the shoulders, but the material is stretching. One thing to note is that the sleeves on these are long. So if you do your usual w+h size up thing, there is a good chance that the sleeves will look bad (even if cuffed).

Its definitely my favorite w+h hoodie so far. I recommend TTS on this piece (if you're a medium, on average, with other brands, get a medium, etc.)

Adding my pic for reference.

Hmm...I'm 5'10" 145-150 30" waist. I take a small in most brands, but I'm usually a medium in Wings + Horns, Band of Outsiders, etc. I wonder if I would take a small in the hoody like you. The only thing I'm worried about it my height. Any chance I could get a measurement on the length of the hoody. I think I'd be good at 25.5 - 27"

Thanks

Mossy

Reaction score
From the bottom of the back, to the seam that connects the hood, I measure 24" on the small. I wouldn't want it to be any shorter than it is in length. FWIW I spent a day with a medium before exchanging it for the small, and its not much longer. I'm guessing maybe 3/4 inch or maybe a full inch longer at most.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
From the bottom of the back, to the seam that connects the hood, I measure 24" on the small. I wouldn't want it to be any shorter than it is in length. FWIW I spent a day with a medium before exchanging it for the small, and its not much longer. I'm guessing maybe 3/4 inch or maybe a full inch longer at most.

Thanks a lot. Looks like my height still puts me at a medium. No way I could rock a 24" hoody.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads