• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat pearson

Reaction score
First go at this, I'm new to the board. I thought the flash pick was pretty neat even though it was an accident so I threw it up too.

eb5b59ac.jpg

b75f44c3.jpg

Zara
Jcrew
Levis
Common projects

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grit
warehouse.jpg

Vintage bomber
Flat Head flannel
Warehouse 800 one-wash
Allsaints

Not bad but the slim fitting jacket and loose fitting jeans don't work that well together. Jeans need a looser jacket or jacket needs slimmer jeans.
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Looks good MoK. The cargos are a great fit, slim but not too tight.
Cheers.
Originally Posted by Luncbox1
all right, so I'm continuing my experiment based on given feedback.

Hypothesis: the following pictures would look better than the previous ones because the pants are slimmer. (ignoring the fact that the colour combination looks somewhat questionable, but hey, it's what I currently have in my closet for skinny pants, and I figured brown cords work better than my white skinny jeans)

I'm not necessarily saying this will look "good" as they're still a little to baggy based on Fuji's description, but significantly better than the tuck with black jeans. (hey, I'm just experimenting here and trying stuff out, after all)

So here goes:

Boots aren't tall enough.
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
(for MC contest)
Not a bad attempt at looking like whoever it is in the photo, and both halves look fine. Don't like the bottom half with the top half though.
Originally Posted by noobizor
Still casting about for a new casual look...

Immediately I can see that stuff in these pockets looks very bad
frown.gif

Fix the sleeve length and it would be better.
Originally Posted by notwithit

edit: Ok, reckon I could throw a fit up there for the hell of it. Actually two days ago:

02232011a.jpg
02232011b.jpg
02232011c.jpg
02232011d.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Nice fit.
Originally Posted by pat pearson
First go at this, I'm new to the board. I thought the flash pick was pretty neat even though it was an accident so I threw it up too.
eb5b59ac.jpg

b75f44c3.jpg
Zara
Jcrew
Levis
Common projects

Not bad for a first go - keep it up.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Today was DTO day in MC, so I picked one of my favorites...

img_167407_1389808_2.jpg
sting-quadrophenia.jpg

P1060819%20%282%29.jpg
P1060833%20%282%29.jpg

Deets: all vintage

Not bad - I thinkyou could have gone the extra mile with peroxide though
wink.gif

Woodyear

Reaction score
luncbox they are wrong, the tuck looks good and your boots are the right height and style for tucking. Ive seen countless boot tucks here which people hate on all day which just look fine. Too many people think you need to have these super specialized pants and boots to tuck, which in the end just appears contrived and premeditated. Nothing looks more lame to me than when its glaringly obvious that someone put hours and hours of time and effort (as well as hundreds of dollars) to acheive something as insignificant as "the perfect boot tuck". Done properly a boot tuck should just look like you felt like tucking in your already well fitting pants into your already nice boots because you either wanted to keep your pants from getting wet, you wanted to show off your nice boots, or both. Thats reallyall there is to it, everything else is overanalysis by internet fashion geeks.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I dig your black orbits.

ataru

Reaction score
I agree with MoK that the boots are too short to tuck. The combination of short boots + skinny jeans gives off a sort of peter pan vibe...

Nezero

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeingBot
IMG_0045.jpg

Gant Rugger
Epaulet
Epaulet
Epaulet

Are the sleeves of the jacket and pants similar colour.

The lack of contrast looks a bit weird too me.

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
2011-02-25%2023.22.39.jpg
trying to use more color and fewer neutrals. & also, chinos are cuffed not cropped deets on shirt since you can't really tell:
20110226002903.jpg

Roygbivuxg

Reaction score
^looks good. Hems are a tad large for cropped pants imo but thats just nitpicking. Also (it's probably the camera angle) but the tee is seems really short. Maybe try a longer tee?

cowsareforeating

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roygbivuxg
^looks good. Hems are a tad large for cropped pants imo but thats just nitpicking. Also (it's probably the camera angle) but the tee is seems really short. Maybe try a longer tee?

chinos are cuffed, edited in. camera angle is funny, but agreed that shirt should be longer. maybe i wont cuff. thx for input

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Way to make a bunch of nice things look ******.

Totino

Reaction score
P1010045.jpg
All Korean brands... Just bought the shoes... I'd ******** with them if I could

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
Ok, quick run-down...

@notwithit, MoK:

Thanks for the comments, guys. They're very much appreciated. Beyond just finding the right jacket/pants size, it's been hard to find good feedback -- probably because it's all been coming from salesmen.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads