• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archer

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
Really? Woodhouse taking out 50 Germans...and scalping them?Choke an Stroke!? Some pretty awesome moments.

I'm not saying it was a BAD episode like everyone else...but definitely the weakest of the Season 2 episodes so far.

And yeah, I just feel like the time could have been better spent with funnier characters, like the office's tontine.

Pam: Can you explain compounding interest to Cheryl?
Cyril: Maybe if we had an infinite amount of time and she was some one else.

PITAronin

Reaction score
Just a random quibble. When are the events in Archer supposed to be happening? (Sorry - Just caught the most recent ep based on a recommendation by my brother. Haven't really been following it.) While I'm willing - to a certain extent - to suspend disbelief - a British batman assigned to a flying corps in WWI would have to be born no later than 1900 which would (if this show is supposedly happening 'now') make the old dude like 111. Hard to accept the idea that he (as well as two of his contemporaries) are still alive and kicking.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adam Reed said it's supposed to be a mishmash of a lot of time periods. The clothing and decor are early 60s, the cars are from the 70s, the technology and a lot of the references are contemporary, the politics are sort of a cartoon version of the Cold War. So basically it's a cartoon and it doesn't matter. The characters make reference to it sometimes.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Adam Reed said it's supposed to be a mishmash of a lot of time periods. The clothing and decor are early 60s, the cars are from the 70s, the technology and a lot of the references are contemporary, the politics are sort of a cartoon version of the Cold War. So basically it's a cartoon and it doesn't matter. The characters make reference to it sometimes.

I always wondered about the coexistence of GPS, the KGB and the abundant use of MP40s.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
The last two have been great, IMO.
Really? Why? I mean, its not that the episodes are terrible, they're just not up to the S1 snuff. I still enjoy watching it but ever since The Wee Baby Shamus, its been heading downhill fast.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I enjoyed last night's episode. Getting back to the season 1 standard.

I really enjoyed it as well. Best one of the season I think.

And to those badmouthing this season: Sure, it's not as great as S1, but it's still one of the few watchable shows on T.V. right now.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I really enjoyed it as well. Best one of the season I think.

And to those badmouthing this season: Sure, it's not as great as S1, but it's still one of the few watchable shows on T.V. right now.

I thought episode 1 of this season was better than the whole first season...I laughed ****** off.

Last nights was also pretty funny (and the damn baby didn't show up...maybe it is going to turn into something like the daughter on Californication where nobody really wants to see her but you can't just take her out of the show)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I could see them having Archer's mother killing the hooker and the kid, then going to jail, and having Archer and Lana spring her. Or some other crazy ****. You never know with this show.

"You have a shoe maker?"

"Wait, you mean you don't?"

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I could see them having Archer's mother killing the hooker and the kid, then going to jail, and having Archer and Lana spring her. Or some other crazy ****. You never know with this show.

"You have a shoe maker?"

"Wait, you mean you don't?"

Oh that's right! I loved that they used some form of that line.

I have been enjoying the occasional use of that line in exactly the same way for a year or so now in my own life. I think it started when my coach (cycling) was retaping someone's handlebars with white tape *before* a race and someone from another team asked (since obviously it would get dirty and nasty) and he responded with "you mean you don't?"

I laughed pretty hard when Archer said the shoe thing since I have used the same line when someone commented on me having polished my shoes a few weeks ago.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol Krieger has been hilarious

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week's episode might be the best one I've seen yet.

So much good ****.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the pipeline episode... "You know what else is surprising?... Hermes"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads