• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Pennyfeather

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
IMG_5719.jpg

I especially like this one. What make and model is it?

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
#4 is a Brooks Peal on 240 on ridgeway
Suede chukkas are Lands End by Sargent (tan) or Grenson Rose (dark brown)

Thank you.

Rebel, the bottom pair of Peal's in your last post are great.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Osborn, you might be right based on an objective construction/quality assessment, but wasn't there something else...oh yes...shoes should also look great. I admit that styling is not a objective criterion. However, for me there is little which could beat C&J no matter if handgrade or benchgrade, e.g. the benchgrade Lowndes is the most beautiful double monk I have seen and well worth its price.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osborn
the most usefull thing that can be said about C&J is that if you are comparing shoes at retail price, their benchgrades are pretty weak but their handgrades are good shoes (I am talking in price/quality ratios)

Note however that for what you pay retail for a C&J handgrade you can get a discounted (for one reason or another) standard range EG and JLP (which are nicer; believe me) and if u look carefully 2 pairs of "former royal collection" (i.e retail £475) Churchs.

Since discounted C&J handgrades are quite hard to find this makes the whole C&J brand not that attractive

-my 2 cents

This post is woefully ignorant. why the **** would you compare MSRP CJ with ebayed EG?

You can get discounted CJ all day from pediwear.

Price not considered, there is not a single Church's I would take over my top 10 CJ handgrades

since intelligent posts from osborn are hard to find this makes the whole osborn e-ouvre not that attractive

david3558

Reaction score
Wow... simply beautiful.

Are those C&J's considered wholecuts? What'd be the proper term for those?

Those Bally's are also beautiful, what model and how much did it set you back?

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish C&J would make the medallion look less like a penis for some of their shoes.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
medallion is traditional (I believe either a thistle or a fleur de lys). it's like saying I wish french baguettes weren't shaped like a cock

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david3558
Wow... simply beautiful.

Are those C&J's considered wholecuts? What'd be the proper term for those?

Those Bally's are also beautiful, what model and how much did it set you back?

The Weymouth is a wholecut from the handgrade line. The color is much nicer in person. The double monks are Bally Scribes, forgot the name of the model though. Got them for just a little over 300USD at 60% off from a Bally outlet in HK.

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fraiche
I wish C&J would make the medallion look less like a penis for some of their shoes.

+1

The Selbourne from their handgrade line has the most penis-looking medallion.

coolshoes

Reaction score
Holy ****! It appears that Crockett & Jones owners actually wear their shoes ... unlike the Edward Green, John Lobb and G & G people on this forum. I guess that's the difference between utilitarian objects and works of art, huh?

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ive asked this before but never had a good answer.

i wear a 11.5F in most shoe makes however there is usually some room in the width. would a 12E work in C&J? they make very few shoes with an F width...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads