• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks everyone! They are phenomenal. The only issue is that they feel maybe a tiny bit roomy when buckled to the second-tightest hole. When buckled to the tightest hole, they are fine. I am wearing very thin socks today, however. We will see how they wear in, I may decide to order 42.5 on the next order.

I had the same issue but a tongue pad took care of the wiggle room. Buckling the shoes to the first hole distorts the leather. I would not recommend that solution.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
I had the same issue but a tongue pad took care of the wiggle room. Buckling the shoes to the first hole distorts the leather. I would not recommend that solution.

Great to hear that worked for you! Trying a tongue pad and/or thin insole on the double monks in my sales thread in my signature. Hopefully that works! I found the buckles very difficult to unfasten and just ended up sliding them on with my shoe horn which worked well enough.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brax
Thanks for the tip. Interestingly, Vass shipped the shoes buckled to the first hole. Peculiar that they would present them that way if they were not meant to be worn that way.

someotherstyle

Reaction score
ApXtzl.jpg
5kFibl.jpg

someotherstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Bastard. Those are amazing. Well done. Now you wont look so sad in your pictures?
smile.gif

I need another two pair. Then I'll crack a halfsmile. Care to donate
lookaround.gif
?

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
ApXtzl.jpg

5kFibl.jpg

Shiny!

Is that dark brown Italian polish and which model is that?

Since you're in Canada like I am I have to ask, what did you get hit with in regards to duties/customs? And did you order directly from Vass or our resident styleforum Vass intermediary?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of my large-footed brethren posting pics of their Vass? Trying to gauge the ski factor of the U vs F.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I see these sorts of comments about larger size shoes all the time. But they've never really made sense to me. On a larger size, the entire shoe is scaled up, not just the toe. The shoe's proportions and appearnace shouldn't change. That's assuming your foot size is in proportion to your height. If you're 5'7" with a size 12 shoe, that's probably another matter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads