• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeisurii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sazon
Funny how my story differs a little:

Bought new EP chinos.
Put them on.
My wife saw them.
My wife said "are they new?"
I said Yes, proudly made in the USA!
She said "you spent more F^*&$n money on clothes?"
I said
eh.gif

She said
ffffuuuu.gif

I said I like them so much I'm buying more.
And I haven't gotten laid since.
But I love these F$%&n chinos.
End of story.

Thanks Mike!

This is closer to my story too.
confused.gif

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by laughter95
Hello,

I never realized that your sportcoat has been online for the past 1.5 months. Can you suggest sizing for me? I fit XS in your Epaulet shirts. I'm normally a 36S in Hugo Boss and 38S in Theory (non-sf approved, yes, I know). The sleeves on your XS shirts are usually a little bit long for me by an inch, 1.5 inches.

Recommendations?

I'd definitely say a 36 on this - the fit is pretty close to our shirts. I bet that the sleeves will fit you right on off the rack too. That Donegal Tweed is so good!

Originally Posted by laughter95
Also, will you ever get another Italian Olive Tweed pant? When do you think will be the next release of pants?

Not that exact pattern, but I'm sure that we pick up some tweed-y deadstock patterns for the Fall. I won't know what's available until July or so.

Originally Posted by slack tide
new shirts hitting the site today, I wonder?

I want to see how fast those tartan mash-ups go. Separatin' the men from the boys! I'm fairly certain I'm going to do it, but I want one that has limited amounts of yellow. Too much yellow is kind of a deal breaker (I look like 'ish in the color yellow, even if mixed in with a pattern). But not sure if making that request is reasonable for their backroom and S&H team....to dig through my size (which I'm sure there aren't a ton of) and look for one with the "least amount of yellow"..

I unfortunately had to send back a pair of moleskin trousers as I totally underestimated their [hefty] weight and thicker than expected fabric (I know, I know...hence the "moleskin"). I have a pretty damn small waist but the size 28's were just too snug (I'm aware they can be let out 1.5"). I believe it was the thickness of the moleskin fabric that caused further restriction in the waist. A thinner pant (say an 8oz pima cotton) size 28 I would Imagine would fit much nicer. (for reference in other make sizes: nudies washed/labs: 27", APC raw 26", W+H pants 28" tailored down to smaller normally, Dockers 28", J.Crew 28").

But the pants themselves, as everyone knows and is stated constantly, are truly outstanding. Really beautiful to the look and feel. Headed into Spring I opted out of the thicker material and picked up a pair of rivets in lieu (British Khaki). Also got a 29 to be on the safe side being per my understanding the rivets cannot be let out.

Also eyeing the Ashland tartan but the pattern I like is somewhat similar to a shirt I own (and am coincidentally wearing today - pictured -- so....decisions, decisions..
smile.gif
)

Yup, working to get the new shirts online today!

For the mashup tartans, each one is different. Two of the tartans have bits of yellow and gold in them, and they're actually pretty evenly distributed. Wait till I get the fit pic of this item up later today - it's actually pretty easy to wear when you see it on a person.

Thanks for trying the moleskin pants. Actually, thicker fabric tends to make up BIGGER than thinner fabric. You'd almost surely be a 29 in the Rivet Chinos. Let me know how they work for you.

Originally Posted by scott.m
Also I have to say that from my experience so far Epaulet has been incredibly helpful in every way. When I called last night to look into the Walt's that I wanted if they were at the manhattan store the woman I was on the phone with didn't even offer, she insisted on bringing them from brooklyn to manhattan for me. I'm so happy with my experiences so far and certainly cannot give the quality of service and goods a bigger thumbs up.

Thanks dude!

Originally Posted by dmash1080
I got my Epaulet chinos in the mail today.

I put them on.

My girl saw me.

I got laid.

True story.

Thanks Mike.

bigstar[1].gif

Originally Posted by sazon
Funny how my story differs a little:

Bought new EP chinos.
Put them on.
My wife saw them.
My wife said "are they new?"
I said Yes, proudly made in the USA!
She said "you spent more F^*&$n money on clothes?"
I said
eh.gif

She said
ffffuuuu.gif

I said I like them so much I'm buying more.
And I haven't gotten laid since.
But I love these F$%&n chinos.
End of story.

Thanks Mike!

Believe me, I know how this goes. Just change your sentence to "you spent more F^*&$n money on jackets?"

I have so many goddamn jackets.

Glad that you're pleased with the chinos though! A pair of glittering melissa flats might smooth the waters a bit too.

Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lot of conflicting accounts about the chinos. Will they get me laid or not?

We offer a 73% guarantee that our chinos will definitely never not always get you laid occassionally, frequently, all the time, or rarely.

Originally Posted by cl smooth
denim come in yet?

It's comin!

countrygent

Reaction score
After 6 months, still love my navy moleskin Rudy's - so sharp and yet so cozy! Any new Rudy models in the pipeline? Some summer cottons in navy and chocolate would be great, and I'd also be all over chocolate moleskin and chocolate flannel.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
waiting on my second pair of chinos (navy) in the mail to accompany my british khakis

i told the gal about the stories on this thread and she laughed saying they will get me laid on arrival

so up that 73% a lil
smile.gif

nineohtoo

Reaction score
Any other color chinos coming out, like a normal stone perhaps? I'm sort of thinking I should have just got the golden khakis instead of the bigger stones.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay, i got the British Khakis...

these things are awesome!

excuse the now EP first buy cliche -- but..."now what others colors do I get...." hrmmm
smile.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barring some sort of disaster -- I think I should be getting laid tonight. Coincidentally (?) my phone did ring the second I tried them on for the first time If I don't post tonight AFTER 10 EST, well...that means they worked. When she comes over tonight I will be adorned in only my new EP Rivet Chino's and will let them do the talking.... edit1; and *breaking news* -- I swear my eheh just grew .75" too. These results may not be typical. But..jS edit #2: Ms. Slack said she would have me tonight!! It's true! She said $130 for relatively slim-fitting handsome American made chinos is a small price to pay and I am not only being rewarded for looking like a freaking stud, but also for my frugality!

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
Barring some sort of disaster -- I think I should be getting laid tonight. Coincidentally (?) my phone did ring the second I tried them on for the first time

If I don't post tonight AFTER 10 EST, well...that means they worked. When she comes over tonight I will be adorned in only my new EP Rivet Chino's and will let them do the talking....

edit1; and *breaking news* -- I swear my eheh just grew .75" too. These results may not be typical. But..jS

edit #2: Ms. Slack said she would have me tonight!! It's true! She said $130 for relatively slim-fitting handsome American made chinos is a small price to pay and I am not only being rewarded for looking like a freaking stud, but also for my frugality!

Those will look dope with some CP black achilles lows.
laugh.gif

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Those will look dope with some CP black achilles lows.
laugh.gif

I can't believe I was one of the first to sign on for no kop february
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
smile.gif

MaxK

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Lot of conflicting accounts about the chinos. Will they get me laid or not?

In my experience, 60% of the time they work 100% of the time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads