• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't tuck. Boot tuck only really looks good if your jeans are too slim to do anything, but boot tuck. If you have to stuff your hem down the leg opening it doesn't look right.

coldforge

Reaction score
I don't think the boots are high enough for a tuck. But I think either way they'd look better with slimmer pants.

(incidentally, I am very much outside of the 'tuck is always terrible' camp. 'Visual disruption'? I don't agree that there has to be an unbroken line all the way from your dingus to your foot. A little military steeze never hurt.)

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luncbox1
(I'm too chunky :p)
No you aren't. You just aren't comfortable wearing tighter/slimmerjeans. Also, having a small hem at the bottom of your jeans' legs doesn't automatically mean the rest of the cut is going to squeeze you like a sausage and bust your balls. Something like APC new cure might work for you.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
don't tuck. Boot tuck only really looks good if your jeans are too slim to do anything, but boot tuck. If you have to stuff your hem down the leg opening it doesn't look right.
While you're right in this instance this is absolutely not a rule. There are a lot of cases where pants with more volume look good tucked.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot tucks look awful >90% of the time. When it's done well it can look great, but it usually just screams try-hard newb.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Thanks guys I just spent half an hour trying to pin down exactly when / were I saw Converge in Boston in 1999 UNSUCCESSFULLY. The internet has failed me.

when i saw them in 04 the show ended with jamie jasta coming out and doing some hatebreed songs with converge and with a mini riot where the doors got broken and security got beat up

DSC01989.jpg

converge was amazing of course.

New Balances just give me nightmares about seattle.

Brinbro

Reaction score
The second coming of Snowman? I kid.

You have to build up your wardrobe around the boot-tuck. You can't just buy a nice pair of boots and tuck them into your Old Navy jawns. C'mon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads