• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
Were they a good fit? I'm debating on getting some 31 Chino's but I just don't want them to be loose on me and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stretch out right? Yeah, I have a 31 in my Grey Selvedge WG. I was able to fit a 30 in the Black Selvedge in the Slim Guy but would the Brown Canvas or Chino's fit differently?

Dj5h1fT

Reaction score
*Double post* Delete

bwahahahaha

Reaction score
Just a heads up. Tobi currently has the skinny guy raised selvage for $120 and weird guy natural organic selvage for $74. No 28s on the skinny guys though. Arg.

l1mab3an

Reaction score
Since there is no fading pictures of the natural indigo weird guys I figured I would throw mine up. This is a little over 2 months/ 2 soaks. A nice light jean that is already nice and soft.
5477074698_0e1ec4a331.jpg
5477073980_a37e4ec171.jpg
5476472125_0245188a52.jpg
5477092536_8c253a8f9a.jpg
5476492027_1232f6cde2.jpg

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to size WGs if I want a more relaxed fit? TTS or up 1?

l1mab3an

Reaction score
I think slim guys are intended to be their relaxed fit.. Always find it odd people trying to size skinny cut jeans to a relaxed fit.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by l1mab3an
I think slim guys are intended to be their relaxed fit.. Always find it odd people trying to size skinny cut jeans to a relaxed fit.

More 'relaxed fits' tend to have too wide of a leg opening and too much bagginess around the lower leg. Sized up tapered/slimmer denim tends to give the extra room required/desired without the unnecessary bagginess.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwahahahaha
Just a heads up. Tobi currently has the skinny guy raised selvage for $120 and weird guy natural organic selvage for $74. No 28s on the skinny guys though. Arg.

thanks, grabbed those organic wg in 30's

ac_slater

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
never size up one in any of their cuts, even skinny guy. It's just a bad idea. Actually even TTS is a bad idea except for Skinny guys, and even then a lot of people really should size down 1. If you want a really baggy fit, get slim guys and size down 1. Anything else and the waist will be huge.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

is this just so you can say you're wearing skinny jeans but don't look skinny? you can't have your cake and eat it too

ac_slater

Reaction score
I wore my weird guys ALL day yesterday. As in woke up at 6 in the morning. Walked around campus till 10 at night, came home, and threw those F***ers on the floor.

Put them on today and damn they are loose. Unbelievable that I sized down 2.

Funny thing though, I have awful knee bulge right now, because a lot of the sitting I've done has caused the knees to soften out faster than the rest of the jeans.

In other words, when I stand up, the denim around the shins is still too rigid to let the excess knee bulge fall down.

lol. Guess I got some work to do. But I am going ice skating tonight so...
drool.gif

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
is this just so you can say you're wearing skinny jeans but don't look skinny? you can't have your cake and eat it too
I'm 5'10" and 160, 32" waist, not skinny but I wasn't looking for a super-skinny fit in the first place. Kinda skeptical because I sized way down on my APC's per members here recommendations, and while the waist did stretch, I still had a very tight fit in my crotch and thighs that wasn't very comfortable. I also have relatively large feet in proportion to my body, so skinny jeans make me look like I'm wearing clown shoes most of the time. I thought weird guys weren't a skinny fit, and were actually fairly relaxed at least in the upper area.

ac_slater

Reaction score
I thought weird guys weren't a skinny fit, and were actually fairly relaxed at least in the upper area.
NNNOOOOOOOOO. lol

They are more like a skinny fit in the upper area while the legs are a very slim taper.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and 160, 32" waist, not skinny but I wasn't looking for a super-skinny fit in the first place. Kinda skeptical because I sized way down on my APC's per members here recommendations, and while the waist did stretch, I still had a very tight fit in my crotch and thighs that wasn't very comfortable. I also have relatively large feet in proportion to my body, so skinny jeans make me look like I'm wearing clown shoes most of the time.

I thought weird guys weren't a skinny fit, and were actually fairly relaxed at least in the upper area.

from the upper thigh down they are the narrowest fitting of the bunch

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down to 31 in SlimGuy's and they never really stretched out as much as I thought they would? I'm a 32 waist btw.

I just bought some WG's though TTS (I've got huge legs/hips), the grey selvedge ones. Paid $150 with tax+gst...think I coulda got them cheaper online?

Also, the inseam is slightly longer on WG's compared to SlimGuy's. SlimGuy's I could just cuff and it looked okay. Would it be weird to cuff WG's + get some stacking? Does that look strange?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads