• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Friday Challenge - Puttin' On The Ritz

DSCF7164-Copy.jpg
dkmb86g_776qv76r5g8_b.jpg

DSCF7179.jpg
DSCF7186.jpg

Let's do this every year about this time (see this thread, page 430, March 16, 2010):

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
2rxy3yd.jpg

568863760_6CeUW-L.jpg

- B

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nothing for the celebitation... As I look at the full-length shot, I see that the left SC sleeve seems longer. I'll have to check that out. Rubber soles for the monsoon this morning, but now there's a completely clear blue sky outside my office window. So much for the threat of snow in San Francisco...
20110225.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty
Like yours better than the original actually. He seems to have some shoulder fit issues.

Cheers 0b5...I'm guessing because his suit have the more contemporary slim cut that mine does.

Originally Posted by oldog/oldtrix
Let's do this every year about this time (see this thread, page 430, March 16, 2010):

WOW! Was it really that long ago!?
eek.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow! Fun day! I must say, this will be hard to vote for a favorite.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This is great Harvey. However, you look more like the tall hitman from Bullitt (the one who drove the Charger). It would have been perfect for that!

Now that you mention it that would have been great. Will have to consider for next year!

Originally Posted by Parker
Ha, ha. Birdman. That was my second choice! Nice job with the cornflakes and the camera angle.

Thank you sir, I must admit your head of hair puts mine to shame. And nice suede shoes!

I also think everyone looked for something within their comfort zone/wardbrobe to DTO. It would be very different if people were randomly assigned someone outside of their own typical manner of dress, and had to broaden their horizons. Take a good look at the fits again and see what is going on. I don't see many fits that would not be worn by the poster outside of this Challenge.

I know when I chose mine, I went for something that I owned already, and that was a trademark of my celeb. I don't know if you consider me one of the "costumey" ones, and I admit my selection is not exactly conservative, but this is a suit I wear regularly when the season is warm and one that I have posted a few times already. As a matter of fact, it is one of my personal favorites.

Mike

I will admit to going out of my way for some costuming. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a supermarket that still uses paper shopping bags?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I feel like I am bringing a Swiss Army Knife to fight an A-10 Warthog....but here is my entry.

If you can't tell who I am, I have obviously failed. I could not find a good enough pic for comparison purposes, but I will keep looking and maybe update.

Wow, I am still amazed at the entries today. I will have to run them down in a bit.

Mike

Tom1.JPG

Tom2.JPG

Tom3.JPG

Awesome MB! Sly use of a prop to let us in on who you are...but doesn't Wolfe always a wear a three-piece?

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Predictable? Yes. I mean who else would I DTO for this celebrity challenge?
WWDDD_022511_DD_02.jpg
WWDDD_022511_01.jpg
WWDDD_022511_02.jpg

Automatic disqualification for dressing like he does every day! You at LEAST could have pulled a Roger or Bert! Oh, and points off for lack of French cuffs. Don would never be seen without cufflinks.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Awesome MB! Sly use of a prop to let us in on who you are...but doesn't Wolfe always a wear a three-piece?

Thanks, Mr. D.

I found pics of him in 2 pieces as well as 3, some with peaks...also sometimes he sports the DB.

I thought the book was a good double entendre........
smile.gif

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Automatic disqualification for dressing like he does every day! You at LEAST could have pulled a Roger or Bert!

That was my point in the challenge announcement thread.
smile.gif
But I was threatened with bodily harm if I didn't post
eh.gif

Only kidding...

However, I couldn't do Roger as I don't have a proper 3 piece or Bert's more eccentric sense of style. The only other person I could have done would have been Pete but I already wore my blue suit this week.
confused.gif

In the end this is the look/style that I've aspired to for quite a while...DTO'd, Inspired by, clichÃ
00a9.png
or what have you, this is how I dress so there you go
smile.gif

True about the French cuffs but I don't have any white shirts with them, he also dosen't use I tie clip but I do...I'm not trying to be Don just show how his era's style has inspired mine.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
The entries thus far have been awesome. Sorry this takes it down a notch... My take on Mr. Cucinelli. While I am sure he is wearing all his own clothes, only my jacket is his.
56848622crayolapink1232262009102445pm.jpg
2rr8bae.jpg
2jafcx2.jpg
2i288w.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO tight race btwn NOBD and Orgetorix. Orgetorix had to put in a lil hate to try wrestle into the lead.

feel your hustle bruthu!!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

btw - the real DTO ... i know you are probably reading in lurk mode ... you should DTO PG and take this ish to the next level. its on a silver platter for you man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads