• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Julius and other Japanese-originated clothing isn't very user friendly for the people who do a fair amount of weightlifting. And I don't mean to sound like that John dude who's always compensating for his big gut by LOL'ing at everyone here for not lifting "real weights like a man." I mean generally the generally athletic build dudes.

What gut?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
so i guess h&m denim is just more durable than $300+ japanese raw denim
it very well could be. do you wear your ***** everyday?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, because i actually own more than one pair of jeans/pants

confused.gif
do you wash your jeans too?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah, nice work Fok et al in getting LN-CC as an affiliate. Will they have an affiliate thread?

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Julius and other Japanese-originated clothing isn't very user friendly for the people who do a fair amount of weightlifting. And I don't mean to sound like that John dude who's always compensating for his big gut by LOL'ing at everyone here for not lifting "real weights like a man." I mean generally the generally athletic build dudes.

Julius' market is mostly thin Japanese dudes. No reason to expect they would make stuff for "athletic builds".

Originally Posted by APK
That was my point. Lane seemed to imply that being overweight was the only reason someone couldn't fit into Julius.

I wasn't implying that, but a lot of america doesn't exercise/lift anyways. Also, brad is spot on. Julius is made for frail guys. The design and intended silhouette just meshes well with slimmer bodies. Bigger guys in julius made it look odd, especially the shredded hem shirts.

Originally Posted by Nil
Thousands? Nah... about $350.

Like 1-2k I heard it was unless planned parenthood helps your ass out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK

It depends on the brand, but this is more or less true. I really like the styling of some brands like KK Attachment, and have had the opportunity to get a lot of stuff at bargain basement prices, but the cuts just don't necessarily fit me, the non-knit outerwear, in particular. I'm not even particularly musclebound, just have a considerably bigger shoulders and chest compared to gut (need to lose 10 pounds, easily) than my Asian born counterparts. Most of it is lifestyle, as much as diet.

By way of contrast, the Italian brands with related styling, like MA+, Haute (now defunct, or at least, the designer is gone), Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, all fit me well.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
Like 1-2k I heard it was unless planned parenthood helps your ass out.
it was free here, IME (yay public healthcare) after a quick google i'm getting $1k if you're not eligible for publicly funded services. **** thank god, i definitely wouldn't have had 1k to spare.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NO GOTH NINJAS IN ALBANIA
Prohibitions (130)
  • Currency of the Albanian State Bank (Banknotes in lek).

• Extravagant clothes and other articles contrary to Albanians' taste.

• Items sent by political emigres.
  • Literature, publications, and other articles prejudicial to the State public order.
  • Perishable infectious biological substances.
  • Perishable noninfectious biological substances.
  • Photographic films, including plates and paper intended for photography.
  • Publications containing obscene or indecent articles.
  • Radioactive materials.
  • Used articles.
try to order julius off yahoo! j? we arrest.
http://pe.usps.gov/text/imm/ab_002.htm

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no reason why it needs to cost more than 50 cents
Wire_Hanger.jpg

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
it very well could be. do you wear your ***** everyday?

my friend wore a pair of H&M jeans whenever he wasn't at work (and he works a lot) for about a year and then they just failed all over. he said they fell apart in multiple locations.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, because i actually own more than one pair of jeans/pants
u got no idea what's going on.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
my friend wore a pair of H&M jeans whenever he wasn't at work (and he works a lot) for about a year and then they just failed all over. he said they fell apart in multiple locations.
nah sun ur friend is a dummy. them ***** is extra good quality denims. just gotta take em off every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads