• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

themidship22

Reaction score
MoK this is really nice. It may be the sweet perspective, but this is one of, if not, my favorite fits by you. I don't know where you're from, but you look straight out of Scotland.
It's simple done right.

coldforge

Reaction score
Originally Posted by themidship22
I don't know where you're from.
!!!! MoK, I agree that it looks great. That overshirt frustrates me though, because my impulse is to recommend that you replace the tee with something more interesting and structured—but it's an overshirt, not a jacket. So you can't exactly wear a oxford underneath. Maybe I would recommend trying that look with a nice henley, in a natural ecru type color? In any case, the overshirt is pretty cool. Very slimming, it looks like. Tasteful details.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Birks are good for that look. Besides, won't they throw you out of the Orygun if you fail to wear them at least once a week?

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
I like the birks kix. I think they work well with your style
Originally Posted by scott.m
love Birks
i know my sufu heads are down...
wink.gif

gastarbeider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Been away at the seaside for a couple of days - I'm one of those strange people who happen to like the coast in winter... Anyway here's a couple of shots from yesterday, whilst I catch up with this thread. Weather was pretty foul... Jacket: Barbour 'Trooper' Sweater: Universal Works Jeans: Levi 501 STF 1966 sp ed Boots: Redwing Iron Rangers If you're very bad you can have today's later...
tad too romantic. just sayin'
Originally Posted by kixslf
R by 45rpm Chore Coat Levis Gauze Scarf LVC Shirt Filson Vest Tanner Goods for 3sixteen Belt Eternal 811 Loden Tweed Raggler Socks Birkenstock Boston
i wear birkenstocks. at home. and during the summer. get it?
Today. In contrast to yesterday relatively spring like on the beach: Heritage Research 'Yukon' overshirt Uniqlo T Levi 501 stf 1966 sp ed Redwing IR
chapeau!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody on Style Forum ever likes the Birks.

I am okay with this.

Feedback is still always appreciated.

You know thats not exactly true
wink.gif

Imo, they look better with loose fit pant /non denim pants. Cargos or carpenters. The whole look needs to be "relaxed" imo.

MoK, really like your style!

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Nobody on Style Forum ever likes the Birks.

I am okay with this.

Feedback is still always appreciated.

Yeah, I disagree with SF on this one, too. I love Birks. I'm getting a pair of leather Boston's in peat in a week or so. Great, man- not a fan of the vest, but overall looks great.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Consider getting the london(?) or whatever the boston-looking model is called that also has a heel strap. Imo, the bostons are not great to walk around in, because you have to tense your foot because they lack a heel pience.
I use my bostons as indoor shoes at work (yes, academia).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
xoeAY.jpg

cbusguy

Reaction score
R by 45rpm Chore Coat Levis Gauze Scarf LVC Shirt Filson Vest Tanner Goods for 3sixteen Belt Eternal 811 Loden Tweed Raggler Socks Birkenstock Boston
Mainly the wind, and they're still pretty stiff. Another wash might help, but I think I should have sized down - they're just a bit too loose everywhere.
nice nice-- i liked both of these-- especially the birkenstocks. they go great with new balances. took this after i got soaked in the rain.
3XsI.jpeg
tnf shell eg hoody sugarcane jeans and new balances

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kix, good except for birks. you must be watching Portlandia right?
5ourh3.jpg
R by 45rpm Chore Coat Levis Gauze Scarf LVC Shirt Filson Vest Tanner Goods for 3sixteen Belt Eternal 811 Loden Tweed Raggler Socks Birkenstock Boston thanks to MMG for the pic

lmaoz, new stooges? nice. what t? silent?
Originally Posted by lmaozedong
IMG_0892.jpg

tonio, that would look better with something other than tan pants. lots of tan and brown going on here.
Originally Posted by tonio028
xoeAY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads