• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand of clothing do you personally hate the most with a passion?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, **** you guy.(10)

Originally Posted by dwyhajlo
I don't know about "hate", but I don't care for Thom Browne, Moncler, or Junya. I just find them boring.

And **** you, this is spelling out all things I love. (10)

And AR_Six, I have never seen a McQueen Piece that I found nice or even that interesting, it's just kinda, bland (to me).

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Is "bland" a reason to "hate with a passion"?

I can't say I've been blown away by the (very limited) McQueen I've seen, but there were some hi-tops that looked pretty great.

And whoever said Junya is boring, I disagree. More so...cartoonish.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am fine with juvenile and cartoonish, that is one of the main reason I like it so much. And I don't really HATE anything PASSIONATELY, thats stupid.

yesssir

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
True Religion jeans: I find them so ugly, and for the price they charge the quality is awful.
Juicy Couture: just plain out ugly
UGG: they are horrible. Even in the winter they get all wet and ****** looking. No way would I spend $250+ on a crap winter boot
Ed Hardy: I find the designs very repetitive.
Lacoste: their quality has really gone to **** and it's a shame
American Apparel: I just hate their stores but I like the concept of how their clothes are made
All rap and hip hop brands.

I just find a lot of good old brands are reducing in quality, which is a shame.

What is a rap or hip hop brand?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Tornado Mart (0)

beowolf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by prurient
I hate brands that charge a lot of money for ****** Made in China garments. Most recent collections by APC, Acne, Rag & Bone and Steven Alan is what comes to mind.

This.

I hate that rag & bone is making more and more items in china and raising the prices. Geez. $549 for a 90% wool/10% Cashmere henley? WTF.
uhoh.gif

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
And **** you, this is spelling out all things I love. (10)

And AR_Six, I have never seen a McQueen Piece that I found nice or even that interesting, it's just kinda, bland (to me).

Haha, well - like I said - it just holds no interest for me. Not saying that I hate it, or that it's even necessarily "bad", I just don't care for it. Some people, such as yourself, do rock it well, though. More power to you.
I try not to throw too many stones from the comfort of my glass house, though, as I've rocked the whole Givenchy leggings under shorts + sneakers thing, before. I am in absolutely no position to hate on pretty much anything.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I am fine with juvenile and cartoonish, that is one of the main reason I like it so much. And I don't really HATE anything PASSIONATELY, thats stupid.

I kinda figured that the goofiness was part of the appeal.

And I was just referencing the thread title. I'd find it kinda hard to get too worked up about anything that wasn't up to the level of, say, neo-Nazi apparel.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
AR_Six, I have never seen a McQueen Piece that I found nice or even that interesting, it's just kinda, bland (to me).
Have you actually looked through the collections? Judging it by a few individual pieces with no relationship to one another is really seeing the forest for the trees... I don't understand how anyone could consider them remotely bland. The foundation is tailoring but he designed on a collection-to-collection basis rather than creating a universe like RO. I like some collections (FW08 is a good example) and dislike others (ie most of SS10), but obviously am somewhat biased.
Originally Posted by notwithit
I can't say I've been blown away by the (very limited) McQueen I've seen, but there were some hi-tops that looked pretty great.
You sure they weren't Pumas?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To all who did not get the sarcasm meter I was not actually offended by other's distaste in Junya. I can understand not liking the jeans, it's personal preference, just like AR6 and McQueen. And yes, Juvenile and playful details.

Pangolin

Reaction score
Not hate, but I very much dislike all these recent brands jumping on the heritage or whatever trend (Oak Street, Hill Side to name a few). We really didn't need chambray ties and more boat shoes.
I don't like 3 Sixteen either, I still rememeber when they were just a mediocre tshirt brand. They will always be a mediocre tshirt brand for me.

coldforge

Reaction score
Boat shoes is the weirdest thing for me. Did every one in 1944 wear boat shoes? They still look straight out of the Prep Handbook to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads