• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff

Too bad it doesn't stay long; I sprayed 2 sprays at home and then got into the vanpool an hour later and no one said a word. Either they didn't smell it or no one cared to say anything.
frown.gif

I've actually found that Elixir des Merveilles has quite good longevity and pretty good sillage. Your vanmates probably just didn't care to say anything.

Originally Posted by Thomas
Before you pull the trigger on Mr. Blass, check Amazon.com

Wow, thanks for the heads up! That's a better deal.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
I've actually found that Elixir des Merveilles has quite good longevity and pretty good sillage. Your vanmates probably just didn't care to say anything.

Amazon tends to be solid on a lot of scents.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

yeah my van mates just like to talk about their computer-related stuff and seminars and the latest upgrade boringest thing. or this one lady's parrot.

i wear my latest threads and they dont say crap
plain.gif

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Testing out Creed Bois du Portugal.

Love it, although a bit heavier than I expected. Probably not best-suited to all-day wear (inasmuch as I'm just on campus all day today).

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
also note about the Ungaro III that there are 4 different formulations and apparently number 4 is a total revamp. I've got #3 and it's ok, supposedly the #2 formulation is the best...

I hear Juicy Dirty shows up at TJ Maxx's fairly often. This stuff can be found on the cheap, like $10-15 per 50-100ml bottle.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
also note about the Ungaro III that there are 4 different formulations and apparently number 4 is a total revamp. I've got #3 and it's ok, supposedly the #2 formulation is the best...

Is there any way to know which formulation you're buying, or do you just have to roll the dice?

Dane

Reaction score
The Creed-ness of this thread is starting to stink the place up....I feel BN moving in.
baldy[1].gif

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Tom Ford Tabacco Vanille

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is there any way to know which formulation you're buying, or do you just have to roll the dice?

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/263...=1#post1978426

I have the third version. It's ok, nothing mindblowing and I find it lacks in longevity and sillage. sort of a cheap blind buy for me. let me know if you want me to mail you a free decant.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
dammit, the Azuree is blooming pretty hard on my skin.
frown.gif
it's a tad shrill and starting to blare a bit.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dane
The Creed-ness of this thread is starting to stink the place up....I feel BN moving in.
baldy[1].gif

No way, Creed is the best because they have designed fragrances specifically for Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Charlemagne, and Jesus of Nazereth. Perhaps also for Grock, the greatest clown of all time. You should check out their informative promotional literature.

PITAronin

Reaction score
For some reason I eschewed my more recent purchases and spritzed on a little Cuiron from an older bottle this morning and quite liked it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
No way, Creed is the best because they have designed fragrances specifically for Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Charlemagne, and Jesus of Nazereth. Perhaps also for Grock, the greatest clown of all time. You should check out their informative promotional literature.

lol so true.
i tell you, i went to the nordstrom, the sales reps there have it all memorized as soon as i point to a bottle or pick it up they knee-jerk exclaim "CARY GRANT!!"
i pick up another bottle ..."KING OF PERSIA!!!"

i was so scared to pick up another bottle!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads