• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever dyed a pair of leather shoes? How well does it work? I ask because I found a pair of brown boots for cheap that I'd like to dye black.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally accepted I don't have the patience or threshold for discomfort necessary to reap the perks of raw denim.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Has anyone ever dyed a pair of leather shoes? How well does it work? I ask because I found a pair of brown boots for cheap that I'd like to dye black.

can you melt tires and dip boots in there ? rubber-dipped ccp style

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
can you melt tires and dip boots in there ? rubber-dipped ccp style
I suppose I do have the ability to melt rubber but I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with wearing boots that look *** glazed.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I finally accepted I don't have the patience or threshold for discomfort necessary to reap the perks of raw denim.
The main perk of raw denim for me is wearing raw denim. Then again, I've also developed the opinion that if it's uncomfortable for more than a couple of days, it's sized down too far. Aesthetic direction conversation was interesting (especially compared to the couple of pages about whether or not you should just wear 100% Rick). If I have an aesthetic direction, it would probably be "gay urban cowboy", though it usually ends up being whatever you'd call concert t-shirts, hi-tops, and skinny jeans. Also, Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter (which I probably wouldn't recommend watching sober, or maybe at all) is available on demand, as are a bunch of the Kirasawa/Mifune flicks.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I suppose I do have the ability to melt rubber but I'm not so sure I'm comfortable with wearing boots that look *** glazed.
well then there are options for object-dying, i think kunk got some jacket colored that way. but that being said, if they were cheap i think it would make for fun experimenting

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Balance

oQw3S.jpg

From Mister Mort

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
what stores do you go to? the slim fit **** really took over
It seems like that, but really only about 2% of the population seems to wear slim fit clothes. Fat fit will always be "in style" for everyone else.
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
New Balance
smashing choice of footwear I will ask my mom if she has an old pair she can give me.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/po...-brown-leather
tumblr_lh3vtyREWw1qfqahwo1_500.jpg
Navy Turtleneck, Olive Chinos, Brown Leather Clarks. Easy. A lot of my best outfits are the simpler ones. I’m a man who loves mixing Patterns, Textures, Accessories and Colors, but when time calls to stay cool and not be so “loud”, please know what your doing. This was a simple family reunion, where it’s time to show off how much I matured as a man, future projects and just enjoy the time that we have with each other in our life’s… *Pick a calm, masculine color that’s generally pleasing to the eyes: Navy. It’s a true go-to color when you need to dress up and impress. Also because of it’s versatility. Personally can’t wear Navy without Brown. *Know where your getting dressed up to. I’ve noticed more and more that pants/trousers are way more comfortable then denim. Not saying you can’t dress your jeans up but classic chinos will, more times then likely, be a better option… *Start a shoe collection. Men care about there shoes/boots too, but know how to start one. Shoes: Black Oxfords, Brown Wingtips, Loafers, Bucks, Classic Sneakers. As for boots: A Dress Boot, Chelsea Boot, Desert Boot and a Chukka Boot. It is then where you can buy as many f*cking shoes as you want! http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/po...rent-hood-as-i
tumblr_lg0q9lyMDh1qfqahwo1_r1_500.jpg
Hoodie Etiquette Hoodies aren’t “Hood” as I previously said. It’s all based on your attitude. It’s a current stereotype, where Men wearing Hoodies are automatically labeled Thugs or Rebels. But it’s untrue, and in fact acts as your communicator. I have never seen a man/woman wear a Hoodie and failed to identify a basic understanding of their current feelings and/or attitudes. Think about it… Just where yours along the middle of your head and it’s perfect. Do I suggest to completely wear it where people can barely see your face? Not really, but it’s whatever appeals to your personal aesthetic. Remember image is everything…

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil

i tried with some old beige shoes from the 80's i got from my dad, dyed them black.

stripped the finish with acetate (this was kind of a ***** to do) and then dyed with some kiwi leather dye. worked well, but didn't look as good as shoes that are originally black, because the dye didn't penetrate very far into the leather, so if they get scratched the original color shows though.

theres a thread in MC somewhere about dying shoes.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by max_r
because the dye didn't penetrate very far into the leather, so if they get scratched the original color shows though.
Which in the right context would actually be a pretty cool effect. The OG NiCo boots (the ones I have) do the same this.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
changed my sig.... scroll to 1:25 for beast mode

such good energy in this whole show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads