• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

sunror

Reaction score
nuggets lineup has multiple guys who can score at or near twenty a game and a good point guard, if they play at a fast pace, which they will, they'll lead the league in scoring or be top three

obviously they're not a contender and might be a borderline playoff team but they have a full rotation of guys who can play. they're not the cavs, who start guys like manny harris and jermario moon

davis v. mo williams, id take the guy with the shorter contract, whomever that is

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
****, anyone but Mo.
facepalm.gif
How is it possible that they found one of the very few guys I'd prefer Baron over? But you know what, if DWill is a possibility for next year because of this deal, why not? I guess I can live with MoWill for a season.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
****, anyone but Mo.
facepalm.gif

How is it possible that they found one of the very few guys I'd prefer Baron over?

But you know what, if DWill is a possibility for next year because of this deal, why not?
I guess I can live with MoWill for a season.

i cant believe mo's going to be sweatin on the same floor kobe does on a regular basis.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i cant believe mo's going to be sweatin on the same floor kobe does on a regular basis.
Well it's different floors, they switch it up between the teams all the time.
lol8[1].gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that was a nice win. felt like a playoff game. am i just a hopeless homer or did it seem like the lakes got reamed by the refs. there were 3-4 totally inexplicable calls that went against them -- the out-of-bounds tap that turned into a momentum-changing 3 in the first quarter, kobe's "flagrant", the double-T on gasol when aldridge threw the ball at him, plus 3-4 times when either gasol or kobe were just massacred on shots with no call. that the lakes could survive that ... on the road ... against a hot team ... in PORTLAND. good win

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
just the decals. no?

I think the decals are part of the floor and the colors has to be changed too, Clips doesn't play on a homecourt of purple and gold, that's just mean.
lol8[1].gif
They usually take out the whole floor and replace the whole thing.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
that was a nice win. felt like a playoff game. am i just a hopeless homer or did it seem like the lakes got reamed by the refs. there were 3-4 totally inexplicable calls that went against them -- the out-of-bounds tap that turned into a momentum-changing 3 in the first quarter, kobe's "flagrant", the double-T on gasol when aldridge threw the ball at him, plus 3-4 times when either gasol or kobe were just massacred on shots with no call. that the lakes could survive that ... on the road ... against a hot team ... in PORTLAND. good win

WTF? I must have been out of it yesterday. Didn't even know they had a game to play. Completely missed it.
ffffuuuu.gif

Oh well..glad we got the W.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
WTF? I must have been out of it yesterday. Didn't even know they had a game to play. Completely missed it.
ffffuuuu.gif

oh man. hate to say it, but it was a great finish. down 7 with 2 minutes left, won by 5 in OT. my wife went to sleep at half time, but i've got it dvred.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif

yes you missed a GREAT game. dam kobe went off inthe last 2 minutes.
i figured we lost teh game when we were down by 9 in the last few minutes
(knowing our tendencies this season)

oh man. hate to say it, but it was a great finish. down 7 with 2 minutes left, won by 5 in OT. my wife went to sleep at half time, but i've got it dvred.
kobe is the king. this guy won't retire for another few years. who other 15 year veteran can do this sort of thing and take control of a game in the last few minutes? and see how pryzbilla wants to knock out kobe's head? kobe's teammates better get his back.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
LAC just dumped Baron Davis' corpse on Cleveland for Mo Williams.

Cleveland is just crazy. I mean, Dan Gilbert is just crazy. MoWill must be hoppin' for joy....

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there were some really bad calls. Bad one on LO too. Very good win, though.

ffffuuuu.gif

Good game. Hell of a finish. The Mamba was mad. Don't make the Mamba mad.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Good game. Hell of a finish. The Mamba was mad. Don't make the Mamba mad.
kobe was a beast, but the thing i liked best about it was that it wasn't one of those games where he held the ball for 23 seconds and then made an impossible shot (fun as those are). pau and artest both contributed, lo, too, and kobe was getting shots in the offense. that jumper with 4 1/2 ... he ran the curl off the pick, took the ball and was wide open inside the key. he got a lot of points down the stretch just because they inbounded the ball to him and he got fouled. in fact, just checked the play by play ... kobe only made one fg in ot ... lamar got one, artest got one, gasol got two. really balanced in clutch time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads