• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I respond to this eBay seller?

BerryWall

Reaction score
" You'll look great when urine our pants!" *

* Trademark pending

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbdragracer1
But as for the quoted post, that's just mean-spirited and really not appreciated. It's not marketed as any kind of fetish item, and per eBay guidelines, it has been dry-cleaned before being put up for sale. But if you really want to see others try to have my listings taken down for your own humor, well, that speaks for itself.
I call shenanigans. If you've really been on SF since 2005 you wouldn't take such humor seriously. Nor, I assume, would e-bay. But if you think there is a serious risk that e-bay would review your listings and conclude that you really are the go-to guy for the world-wide piss fetish community, I'll retract my suggestion.

TheSauceBoss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BerryWall
" You'll look great when urine our pants!" *

* Trademark pending

Very clever
lol8[1].gif

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joneog
the bigger issue here is that this was the 40th pair of pissed stained pants(assuming thats what he meant by similiar stains) that were sold, and bought!

Good point, where does he get them?

he prolly wore one when he was masturbating and accidently ********* them. he figured he'll get rid of them on ebay. for some reason, there are fools who are willing to buy them. maybe it's a fetish? so maybe just for kicks, he started jizzing on all 40 pairs of them to sell on ebay for a social experiment. apparently, it worked! hmmm, this gives me an idea...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would reply with the name of a good urologist, letting him know that while it may be expensive, it'll be a good investment because he'll be able to command a better price for his pants once he's been treated.

OT, those stains may well be ball sweat, pretty sure urine would come out if dry cleaned, whereas sack sweat probably won't (like pit sweat its stains are more permanent).

Now, if I'm right about the above, would that make things better or worse?

HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! that totally makes sense! *high five!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if I got you more pissed (pardon the pun). Don't sweat it (sorry, can't help myself). I just enjoy observing humanity. My apologies. I'll try to constrict (seriously, that's the last one) myself to constructive criticism from now on.
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Here's to everyone only buying non piss stained pants
cheers.gif
Don't let SF humor get you all frothed up. We're all just having fun. Urine good company.

i hope it's beer in those glasses...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bounder
Actually, I don't think e-bay allows sex fetish items like used panties. You should come up with an elaborate complaint about how he's selling unsanitary items for urinophiliacs, or whatever it is, and report him to e-bay in an attempt to get his listings pulled.

Frankly, if it were me, I'd just mind my own business. But if you did report him, this thread would become the most awesome threak of all time so, in the intererst of my personal entertainment, I think you should do it.

I'm the seller. I found this thread last night after I saw that my page views were spiking on just this item. Not only have I been a member of SF since 2005 (obviously with a different name), but the only reason I ever got into selling clothes in the first place was because of the knowledge I gained through this site. Heck, I'm even opening a retail store in a couple months as a result.

I actually appreciate both sides of the exchange on this thread, and I'll try to address as much as I can without having to refer back three pages worth.

First, I buy and sell used clothing. Those pants weren't mine, and I don't have any "leakage" issues. Up until about a couple years ago, I never sold any pants with any stains of that nature on them, no matter how slight. Then I found another seller who had sold two stained pairs at $40 each, while most fetched $50 or more (this is when used Zanella tended to sell for about $10 higher than it does now). At that point, I thought I'd test it out since that told me there was a market for them. And that's why I sell them now. I don't see myself as "unethical" for selling pants with such stains because they're disclosed.

As far as the description of "excellent" - that's one of the most frustrating things about selling used clothes on eBay. Urine stains aside - what is "excellent" anyway? It's a subjective term that has a million different meanings to a million different people (as I've already told one SFer who's e-mailed me since this thread was created).

And what is "excellent" in the realm of used clothing? Certainly it doesn't mean that it appears as it did when it was just pulled off the rack, right? Well, from my experience dealing with thousands of buyers and potential buyers over the years, some people do think so. And others believe that the normal fading on a Lacoste polo after, say, ten washes is excellent. So how does a seller everyone? I've seen negative feedback due to condition left for sellers who have "excellent," "very good," etc. defined in their listings - so what else is there? In the case of these pants, I described them as "excellent" because there are no discernible defects when worn, and because the description of "excellent" came with the disclaimer and pictures. I thought that would be enough, and apparently it was for at least one buyer (who is a repeat customer of mine who has bought both stained and non-stained pairs).

But as for the quoted post, that's just mean-spirited and really not appreciated. It's not marketed as any kind of fetish item, and per eBay guidelines, it has been dry-cleaned before being put up for sale. But if you really want to see others try to have my listings taken down for your own humor, well, that speaks for itself.

wow, you took the high road. i was expecting some more profanities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads