• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhe0417
I never really understood how mikey gets off being so loud and obnoxious in all his posts when he has about the same level of steez (and probably a smaller piggy bank) as anymajordude.
plain.gif

hehe, me neither, surprised someone is just now calling me out for that...

anyway, I think I know what I would do with my wardrobe and my fits if I could, I just don't have the money. I have so many legit fits in my head that I want to do in the future, lol.

I really do need to relax on here though. but I think most of my advice for the last poster was fairly legit.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anymajordude
I'm down w/ mikey's criticism, except for buttoning the shirt up--is that referring to the cardigan? Thanks.

no, I was talking about the button down shirt. I think it looks bad with the outfit with the top button undone.

Oski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhe0417
I never really understood how mikey gets off being so loud and obnoxious in all his posts when he has about the same level of steez (and probably a smaller piggy bank) as anymajordude.
plain.gif

lolol kvc, yo dawg, looks better with the darn jeans. Need to put you on my hair cutter though. pause.

anymajordude

Reaction score
IMHO, unbuttoning less than the top 2 buttons when not wearing a tie is uber lame. I'm pretty sure my shirt looks sloppy because it's too big in the body, not because I don't button it up all the way like a dork.

I do appreciate the constructive criticism, though.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

To dinner for a friend's birthday.
Junya Watanabe Insulated Shirt
CDG Homme Shirt
Junya Watanabe Screenprinted Jeans
Junya Watanabe Boots

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
no, I was talking about the button down shirt. I think it looks bad with the outfit with the top button undone.

IMHO, unbuttoning less than the top 2 buttons when not wearing a tie is uber lame. I'm pretty sure my shirt looks sloppy because it's too big in the body, not because I don't button it up all the way like a dork.

I do appreciate the constructive criticism, though.

I'ma go ahead and disagree with both of y'all and go with the old standby "it depends".

kelvinsense and pinkpanster both come to mind as people who have posted fantastic fits with their shirts buttoned all the way up and sans necktie. Both of them, however, were clearly going for some sort of focused aesthetic beyond just throwing some average-looking clothing.

I'd say the issue here is that the front placket and collar don't have any structure to them, so the extra unbuttoning - and the fact that it's a button-down collar - makes the collar just sort of flop over to the side in a way that looks sloppy.

Unbuttoning the top two buttons can be fine, too, thought (IMO); I do it most of the time, because how else am I supposed to show off my impeccably protruding collarbones and the three or four chest hairs I've managed to sprout well in advance of my thirtieth birthday?

I'll try to remember to post a fit at some point...I took pictures earlier today, but it's my bedtime and I don't feel like effing around trying posting them and probably forgetting to block my face or something.

coldforge

Reaction score
IMHO, unbuttoning less than the top 2 buttons when not wearing a tie is uber lame.
Jesus, am I glad I don't live in a world where that's true.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that insulated shirt is the best piece ever

Suicmez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
I never wear cardigans, like ever. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
gthMM.jpg

+J
Shirt
Levi's
AE

I think the cardigan is too bulky to be buttoned up like that.. just looks boxy.
I'd unbutton in that case. I only leave a cardigan buttoned up if it fits snug.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
ehh I rock V necks and Im not thin. You can see my collar bones though, right under my bulging traps.
MB5m3.gif

I didn't mean thin as in scrawny. I meant just not fat and soft.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Feel free to make fun of my J. Crew steez:

P1000136.jpg

P1000147.jpg

P1000143.jpg

Need to get my shirts taken in (and a haircut).

From the 2nd picture, it looks like you have a beer belly. If so, invest money in a gym membership and get in a better shape.

Better posture would also help out tremendously.

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kvc06, yes with jeans and don't change the cuffs. Top is sick, scott.m. Personally, not liking the cdg with the jeans. But perfect with junya insulated.
Originally Posted by tween_spirit
that insulated shirt is the best piece ever
Hells yeah.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

To dinner for a friend's birthday.
Junya Watanabe Insulated Shirt
CDG Homme Shirt
Junya Watanabe Screenprinted Jeans
Junya Watanabe Boots

So good. Can't even tell the shirt's reversible from the other side.

anymajordude

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coldforge
Jesus, am I glad I don't live in a world where that's true.

Hey man, that's why I am here.

Originally Posted by wj4
From the 2nd picture, it looks like you have a beer belly. If so, invest money in a gym membership and get in a better shape.

Better posture would also help out tremendously.

A little of both. The gut isn't as bad as it looks in that pic, but the posture is. I'll post up some more entertainment soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads