• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MacDaddy
Actually you can buy them at Best Buy,I've looked at a bunch of different models over the last few years.I only see one on the website right now: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+7...&skuId=9927891

I can honestly say I've never seen it at any Best Buy's. I know Crutchfield carrys it. But by the price tag of the unit you linked it's not your cheap $250.00 A/V receiver. Mine was $900 back in '99 and it was the entry level.

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JKMWCL
Fantastic find today....picked up an immaculate authentic Hermes tie and a nice THICK Ben Silver wool tie for.....11 cents total! at a pay by the pound place! My first Hermes find!

hot damn! 11 cents? That is ridiculous.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a thrift store find, but STP is running a real good deal on Pantherella socks right now: 8-10 bucks a pair. Throw in the 20% off coupon you can find online and I got nine pairs for $80 shipped.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Not exactly a thrift store find, but STP is running a real good deal on Pantherella socks right now: 8-10 bucks a pair. Throw in the 20% off coupon you can find online and I got nine pairs for $80 shipped.

I wonder what percentage of the Pantherella socks sold have been from SF members
laugh.gif

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Dang that Sutor is pretty much exactly what I am looking for in a shoe
laugh.gif

Sutor's are very nice and so is that shoe. Have you seen G&G's?
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC

Stone Island:

sam3758.jpg

sam3756.jpg

Those shoes are gorgeous. I especially like the Stone Island jacket. What size? If you'd care to unload it, I'm interested!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by JKMWCL
Fantastic find today....picked up an immaculate authentic Hermes tie and a nice THICK Ben Silver wool tie for.....11 cents total! at a pay by the pound place! My first Hermes find!

worship.gif

To find a mint Hermes tie is one thing, but that price makes this find that much more epic!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you all like Hermes ties? I find them to be ugly.

Maybe it's a generational thing . . .

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ I hear ya! Sucks even more when you've gotta put in Premium.
baldy[1].gif
This is why I chose to sleep in rather than hit some out-of-the-way stores this morning. That and the roads are less than enjoyable to drive on lately. Sometimes I think I'm driving on the surface of the moon. Huge craters in the road everywhere you look. Swerve to miss one and hit two bigger ones. Already bent 2 rims this winter. /rant

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ 3.20????

Haha. 3.70 over here

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja
^^ 3.20????

Haha. 3.70 over here

Seems worse here because it was 2.70 a month ago...

It also is a real burn because the metro area is so spread out. Stores that are ''close'' to each other may still be 15 miles apart. I hit up three fourths of my regular stores one day last week and drove about 110 miles round trip
ffffuuuu.gif
As long as I find some decent stuff, it's worth it, but the days when you don't are a burn. I think it's more psychological than anything though.

Nataku: What are you driving that takes premium
ffffuuuu.gif
Thank god my 25 year old german car will settle for unleaded. haha

MacDaddy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkidd41011
I can honestly say I've never seen it at any Best Buy's. I know Crutchfield carrys it. But by the price tag of the unit you linked it's not your cheap $250.00 A/V receiver. Mine was $900 back in '99 and it was the entry level.
Best Buy usually keeps them in the Magnolia speaker room with all the other good Denons,Pioneers,and Yamahas,although they end up on the clearance table in the regular part of the store when the new models come in.The regular series of Sony receivers and components are crap,the ES line is the only good components that Sony makes.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MacDaddy
Best Buy usually keeps them in the Magnolia speaker room with all the other good Denons,Pioneers,and Yamahas,although they end up on the clearance table in the regular part of the store when the new models come in.The regular series of Sony receivers and components are crap,the ES line is the only good components that Sony makes.

Totally agree with you Macdaddy. I'm going to start checking out a bit more cafefully. I had a B&K 202 AVR, but I didn't want to spend the money on the upgrades, was short on funds so I sold them on Ebay. I also sold my better B&W speakers which I sorely miss. Such is the transition from be single to married with a child. Now that I am doing better financially...I miss all that stuff
frown.gif

hyakku

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nataku
^^ I hear ya! Sucks even more when you've gotta put in Premium.
baldy[1].gif

This is why I chose to sleep in rather than hit some out-of-the-way stores this morning. That and the roads are less than enjoyable to drive on lately. Sometimes I think I'm driving on the surface of the moon. Huge craters in the road everywhere you look. Swerve to miss one and hit two bigger ones. Already bent 2 rims this winter.

/rant

ffffuuuu.gif
I can't tell you how much i agree with this. Like K4 said, prices are at 3.70+ in LA now, and needing premium AND having an old land rover makes me feel like i'm flushing my future children's tuition down the drain every time I accelerate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads