• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NHL 2010-2011 Season

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
When I played hockey, I occasionally was called up for tournaments or as an injury replacement for a AAA or higher-level team. One time, when I was 12 or something, I played a game against Crosby. I was only on one or two shifts vs him, and he was on another plane of hockey-existence. At the time, my coach and a couple others told us to watch him, that he was the next Gretzky.

At this point, I would like to point out my +/- vs Crosby is +1.

Where did you play? I played against Bobby Clarke's son and Bill Bergey's son who later went on to play pro lacrosse instead of hockey.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Brunswick, out of Carleton York Victoria. (A team from 2-3 school districts... we're a small place). I'm fairly certain it was in St. Stephen in NB. It's weird, at the time I was told it was a big deal, but didn't think much of it, (small tournament, I was a 4th string call up), and now I'm trying to remember it more. I think it was the year before he wanted to go for Midget, but the league wouldn't let him.

I never ended up playing beyond midget rec hockey, family illness combined with ridiculous expenses (Recreational teams would end up costing you a few hundred every month very easily, AAA would cost several times that.), also I just wasn't that good haha.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gort
Neuvirth played huge tonight. 39 save shutout against the pens. What a beast.

He better get consistent fast so the Caps make it to the playoffs and not have Varlamov implode again.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I played hockey, I occasionally was called up for tournaments or as an injury replacement for a AAA or higher-level team. One time, when I was 12 or something, I played a game against Crosby. I was only on one or two shifts vs him, and he was on another plane of hockey-existence. At the time, my coach and a couple others told us to watch him, that he was the next Gretzky.

At this point, I would like to point out my +/- vs Crosby is +1.

Was he bitching then too?? lol

I played with a guy on the Chicago Wolves when I was in college. He and I carried our team in scoring, although we never won anything. Only thing was he was a 16 year old HS kid playing in a men's league and I was an overweight 21 year old college kid. Went on to play at UMass and now is in the A. Heard he trains with Higgins and Komisarek in the off season. Looks like he's in the Devils organization now. Not bad point totals.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72064

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
high-five to Moulson on the Isles for a killer few games, a new contract, and his second career hat trick. While it is my job to dislike the Isles as a Rangers fan, I must lend the kudos to Moulson as I was in a few college classes with him and have only positive things to say. After the final home game of his college career, the fans were let onto the ice with the players and GF had her jersey signed by a few players (including Bitz now on the Panthers and O'Byrne now on the Avs), but Moulson brought the lulz with a "lets move the fabric a tad 'cause the only spot left is on your boobie" comment.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moulson was a great pickup for me in my office pool.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
high-five to Moulson on the Isles for a killer few games, a new contract, and his second career hat trick. While it is my job to dislike the Isles as a Rangers fan, I must lend the kudos to Moulson as I was in a few college classes with him and have only positive things to say. After the final home game of his college career, the fans were let onto the ice with the players and GF had her jersey signed by a few players (including Bitz now on the Panthers and O'Byrne now on the Avs), but Moulson brought the lulz with a "lets move the fabric a tad 'cause the only spot left is on your boobie" comment.

Scoring twice on his brother-in-law (Quick) is a good one, too. I wonder how many guys in the NHL are related like that?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Was he bitching then too?? lol I played with a guy on the Chicago Wolves when I was in college. He and I carried our team in scoring, although we never won anything. Only thing was he was a 16 year old HS kid playing in a men's league and I was an overweight 21 year old college kid. Went on to play at UMass and now is in the A. Heard he trains with Higgins and Komisarek in the off season. Looks like he's in the Devils organization now. Not bad point totals. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=72064
Those are consistent good stats, hard to do at that level. Do you still play hockey at all? I have no experience with mens leagues, in uni I just played in a beer-league. It's funny, the random connections to NHL people. I was telling my best friend of playing vs Crosby. She replied "Cool... he plays with my little cousins every time he's home". They're neighbours haha, and he still plays pond hockey when he has the chance.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are consistent good stats, hard to do at that level. Do you still play hockey at all? I have no experience with mens leagues, in uni I just played in a beer-league. It's funny, the random connections to NHL people. I was telling my best friend of playing vs Crosby. She replied "Cool... he plays with my little cousins every time he's home". They're neighbours haha, and he still plays pond hockey when he has the chance.
Every bit of anecdotal evidence I've ever heard about Crosby off the ice is that he's awesome. Kind, patient with fans and lends himself to a huge amount of community stuff that he could easily say no to. Too bad he's a goddamn whiner on the ice, though.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kovalev to Pittsburgh.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Kovalev to Pittsburgh.

... for a 7th rounder
laugh.gif
why the hell not? I'd take him for that much. Notable 7th rounders: Lundqvist, Pavelski and guys like Moss, Huet, Kostitsyn..

Looks like Sopel is making the rounds, too... here's betting he'll be back in Chicago after he becomes a UFA. Also, Brad Richards - stays or goes? Here's an idea: to Dallas, Hagman, Kotalik, 2nd rounder, to Calgary, Richards... will never happen but is nice to dream
laugh.gif

edit: Stillman back to Carolina

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads