• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Ok I will def take a look. The prices for a 2.5mL or higher on perfumecourt are insane. Thanks rambo
Yeah, they are. I pretty much gave up on them a while back. Generally though, the LS samples are only 1oz or less. Just so you know. Still, I think its a better deal all around.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks man this is the first time in a hundred pages here that anyone said anything about elixir des M! I'm glad you stated it. Puts validation behind my purchase.
Bloomingdales in newport beach fashion island has one of the best collections I have ever seen in this area. They have kiton I remember (and bulgari black). I don't recall if it was kiton man or what not but ill be back to take a smell of that. Thanks

Elixir des Merveilles is actually in my top 10. I just did a quick search, and it looks look the only person who's ever reported EdM as SOTD was me--four times. It's one of those fragrances that make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy. (I'm not sure I'm helping its cause by putting it that way!)

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Elixir des Merveilles is actually in my top 10. I just did a quick search, and it looks look the only person who's ever reported EdM as SOTD was me--four times. It's one of those fragrances that make me feel warm and fuzzy and happy. (I'm not sure I'm helping its cause by putting it that way!)
Yeah I missed that. I saw a lot of secretions magnifiques as sotd posts from you that's for sure But yes, Edm gets a nod from you that is all icare for now. Now I wonder if rachjlc and rambo validates it

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tried womanity today that is too fem for me powdery. I don't mind feminine scents, but that one I think something Uncontrol would wear. Alien was a nice scent though.

I m still trying to find a place that carries Etat Libre d'Orange other than perfumecourt so I can just take a whiff. However, I still keep coming back to my favorite of vanilla. Not too fond of looked upon here nor on basenotes looks like vetiver, woods.etc are more popular. But I dunno, vanilla always favored me, I like gourmand candle like heavy scents (with some citrus) it always identified with me.
My brothers and fathers are more the musk and vetiver and ocean and woods and leathers. I always was the fruity and vanilla. Hemes elixir desM , mandorlo di sicilia, etc and the one cologne I had during college I don't recall what the name was but it was a woman's perfume that I dabbed on occasionally that was vanilla.

Sho - vanilla is a really really popular base in a number of scents. Nearly everything Guerlain put out from 1889-1980's has a big vanilla base, and even now it still figures prominently. Alternatively you could try any number of scents by Maurice Roucel, such as Rochas Man or Missoni: he does a great job with warm/fresh/spicy gourmandy scents.

today: Tabac Original EdC - an old-man fougere with a lot of floral-powdery notes. I still like it, though.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ got my dad a bottle of that (amonst others) for his birthday last year. i occasionally grab a spritz.

today - Chanel Sycomore. Damn this stuff is good.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Creed Aventus today -

A sample bottle I'm working through.

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Creed Bois du Portugal today. I have been hesitating to crack open this sample since BdP has a reputation for being strong, but with my usual lack of self restraint I put on 3 sprays anyway. I always have trouble deciphering top notes, but this clearly opened with a prominent bergamot, woody, touch of clove with hint of cinnamon. A warm scent with a woody/incense feel. I like it!

One more Creed to try and then I am moving on - bunch more samples on the way. I also received Perfumes: The Guide yesterday from Amazon. Am I starting to obsess?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

But yes, Edm gets a nod from you that is all icare for now. Now I wonder if rachjlc and rambo validates it

To get rach's approval, you'll need to wear something that smells like the poop of a baby (Jicky, Mouchoir de Monsieur) or like body odor (Eau d'Hermes, Muscs Koublai Khan). Or Voleur de Roses; for some reason, he likes that one a lot. I have no clue on how to get Rambo's validation!

Dans tes Bras for me today.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
If he requires poop or bo then EdM def won't fit with him cuz it smells like an orgasmic orange caramel vanilla bomb.

Too bad it doesn't stay long; I sprayed 2 sprays at home and then got into the vanpool an hour later and no one said a word. Either they didn't smell it or no one cared to say anything.
frown.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
Or Voleur de Roses; for some reason, he likes that one a lot. I have no clue on how to get Rambo's validation!
I like VdR too. I think I turned Rach on to it actually. I can't remember. You've always got my validation, cupcake. Nothing but love for you and your ELdO's. I've got to get some of that damn Secretions Magnifique. Hopefully, not on my face.
lookaround.gif
Yesterday - Amouage Jubilation XXV - I found it pretty long lasting and it was almost 90 out yesterday. Not exactly sure why everyone's having so much trouble with the longevity. That's two times in a row now. As for the smell, its not bad, but I don't think its worth $3bills a bottle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads