• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strong Eyeglass advice

bmberzins

Reaction score
I have poked around and have seen a few threads with similar ideas, but nothing that really answers what I am looking for. I consider myself a well dressed man and I am a teacher, but I also work with my hands quite a bit. I am looking for some eyeglass frames that are very sturdy, but also look professional. Currently I have two pairs of Armani frames with the clip on sunglasses, however I worry that they are not as strong as I really need. Basically, I want a nice pair of glasses that I could also go camping with, sorry if that seems silly. I am considering titanium frames, but do not know much about them. I have a medium round face and probably require a 140 or 150 size. Any suggestions of brands or materials would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much for you consideration.

Antonio Centeno

Reaction score

twistoffat

Reaction score
The choice of frames out there is quite large. A round face usually requires squarish frames.
My tip would be to choose the frame and get corrective tinted lenses made for them. I don´t need glasses myself nut when I couldn´t find sunglasses I wanted I choose nice reading frames and had tinted lenses cut for them.

Annadale

Reaction score
Lindberg titanium frames are strong. Virtually unbreakable and very flexible. Silhouette from Austria do a cheaper, though not as nice version.

bmberzins

Reaction score
I was looking up both of these, the Lindberg ones look awesome. What are peoples opinions about buying frames from ebay. Any suggestions to good reasonable online frame shops.
Thanks again

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bmberzins
I was looking up both of these, the Lindberg ones look awesome. What are peoples opinions about buying frames from ebay. Any suggestions to good reasonable online frame shops.
Thanks again

For me, there is no way to tell if a frame is going to look good until it is on my face. Online frame shops with the upload-your-own-face aren't good enough either.

bmberzins

Reaction score
How do the Silhouette glasses compare as far as quality, it seems they are quite a bit less expensive than the others.
Any other companies people think are good?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads