• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Yes you do.
devil.gif

Oops.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:
3121589e.jpg

May i suggest we have an FU pant, shoe, sock combo party for a Friday challenge sometime? I love this and I think it is very awesome you have the style fortitude to pull it off!
Originally Posted by PandArts
Maximo_022311_01.jpg

Very cool look here. Simple, elegant, yet modern. Suit is wide herringbone or a self stripe maybe?

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orgetorix
DSCF7141.jpg
DSCF7136.jpg

Perfect fit, as usual. I think I prefer you in darker colors though.

ffd05395.jpg

adad37bd.jpg

2f6ec0ba.jpg

peepwall[1].gif

068a3c8f.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Shoes totally harshed my boaner, but the rest is lusty.

Originally Posted by PandArts
Another Day with My Life In Reverse
satisfied.gif
Maximo_022311_01.jpg
Maximo_022311_02.jpg

Maximo_022311_04.jpg

Maximo_022311_03.jpg
I need a dark blue polka dot tie. Yours seems nice. Please mail it to me, or at least give me the deets on it.

Originally Posted by Citan1145
2aaakj8.jpg

Interesting look. The tie is particularly intriguing. Tell me about it.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Citan1145
Very cool look here. Simple, elegant, yet modern. Suit is wide herringbone or a self stripe maybe?

Cheers Citan. Yes the has a wide self/tonal herringbone stripe to it...it's also 74/26 wool/linen which gives it a nice texture and a slightly more relaxed feel to it.

Originally Posted by acridsheep
I need a dark blue polka dot tie. Yours seems nice. Please mail it to me, or at least give me the deets on it.
Thanks acrid. I'd love to send it to you but it's the only one I have
tongue.gif

It's a vintage Dior 80/20 poly/silk that I picked up at a charity shop for $2!

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Interesting look. The tie is particularly intriguing. Tell me about it.

Kind of like PandArts this was a cheapy find. One of the few Pre-SF ties I still like. It is a Macy's Club Room tie from their "CR" label (essentially the "younger" line)
rotflmao.gif
I like it alot though and found a similar one at BB for much more this fall.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy nearly all of my ties second hand. If you are patient, you can find really great stuff for next to nothing. Over the past few months I've picked up Charvet, Ferragamo, umpteen BB, and a Battistoni. None, with the exception of the Ferragamo, were more than $2.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy nearly all of my ties second hand. If you are patient, you can find really great stuff for next to nothing. Over the past few months I've picked up Charvet, Ferragamo, umpteen BB, and a Battistoni. None, with the exception of the Ferragamo, were more than $2.
Such a great idea. The second hand scene here is pretty terrible tho. I got a vintage fully canvassed HartMarx grey flannel suit with a real slim cut...and that is about it. No one really sells good stuff here (in the Detroit area) and if they do, you have to buy it RIGHT AWAY. Case in point, I found an amazing 100% cashmere RLPL SC with a light blue and dark blue glen plaid. 38R. Was 200 dollars, but as a student I got 25% off plus whatever sale they had that day. Would have been like 100. Went back a day later because I wanted to wait until my payday, was gone
shog[1].gif
Thanks for the comments tho acrid!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
thx C ... who does your collar replacements?
Rayner & Sturges, ordered through Sartorial Executive, same as where they're originally made. This is the first time I've sent off for replacements to be done, but I don't expect any problems. Cost is pretty reasonable compared to getting a new shirt, which is what I'd previously had to do. Messing around using the Auto Contrast function in photoscape, which I don't normally use. Tell me if this makes the photos look better or worse. They seem too stark and cold to me... (comments on the clothes also allowed too of course, as per usual!)
feb23005.jpg

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another morning Mrs. Spoo bounced on me, so left with my self timer app...

ffd05395.jpg

adad37bd.jpg

2f6ec0ba.jpg

peepwall[1].gif

068a3c8f.jpg

That is the narrowest tie I have seen from you.

And the shoes? Like Mercury's winged footwear, they should not be worn by mere mortals. But you sir, are at least a Suited Demigod, so you get a pass.
worship.gif

(Oh OK...I can't pass up a cheap shot...Vanity Smurf called...he wants his shoes back!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads