• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a man who dressed as boring as me, I am strangely attracted to this double sided scarf. What do you think of this ?
a20791f12cd8c95da3ad3a_l.jpg
a20791f12cd8c95df89db7_l.jpg
a20791f12cd8c95e43832b_l.jpg

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if this goes here, but I didnt want to start a new thread just for my question.

What do you guys think about the following, I plan to use them to carry 2 credit cards and 2 Ids. I know that one is a card case and not intended for credit cards, but does it really matter?

I dont like wallets because they give me a one inch raise, so that is not an option.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...80731cat000538

I like the second one and then the third the most.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
For a man who dressed as boring as me, I am strangely attracted to this double sided scarf. What do you think of this ?

I like the scarf. It doesn't wow me because of the brown but it's different and I can see it working in some instances. It might just what a conservative dresser needs to push the boundaries ever so slightly.
smile.gif

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CalTex
not sure if this goes here, but I didnt want to start a new thread just for my question.

What do you guys think about the following, I plan to use them to carry 2 credit cards and 2 Ids. I know that one is a card case and not intended for credit cards, but does it really matter?

I dont like wallets because they give me a one inch raise, so that is not an option.

I like the second one and then the third the most.

Go for the Brioni, hands down. The Burberry is maybe too styling and obvious Burberry. Brioni is classic and understated.

I've always debated between a card case and wallet. My latest foray has been back into wallets, but again the 1" raise is a literal pain in the butt. If I wore suits all the time a breast wallet might work better, but that's not practical for me.

Anyway a card case is a happy medium, and I think it looks cool to carry a bit of cash loose like.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which of these 3 as the second SC after the navy SC ? Fourth option is none of these 1.
a20791712fdadbf111797c_l.jpg
a20791712fdadbe8dea2cd_l.jpg
a20791712fdadc0cabfb52_l.jpg

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#2 Sportcoat. Grey is way more versatile than brown.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks a little shiny in the pic and it has peak lapels

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirGrotius
Go for the Brioni, hands down. The Burberry is maybe too styling and obvious Burberry. Brioni is classic and understated.

I've always debated between a card case and wallet. My latest foray has been back into wallets, but again the 1" raise is a literal pain in the butt. If I wore suits all the time a breast wallet might work better, but that's not practical for me.

Anyway a card case is a happy medium, and I think it looks cool to carry a bit of cash loose like.

thanks for the reply, I think that is what I am going to go with. I like the Burberry one but as you said it seems too much of a cry for attention. I currently have a Polo RL check card holder and it works just fine but I am hoping that the Brioni one feels better. I am hoping that it does because there is a huge price difference between the two. I considered the crocodile one as well, but from the little that I have read, I realized that it is not rare crocodile skin and that would defeat the purpose in my opinion.

Galix

Reaction score
EDIT: sorry, didn't realize I answered to a 6 months old post.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ DId you have a look at the ones luk-cha is selling in the B&S. BTW, lots of options on ebay as well

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
#2 Sportcoat. Grey is way more versatile than brown.

Really ? A lot of people would strongly disagree with your assertion. There was a big debate over this but I can't find the thad right now
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads