• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I respond to this eBay seller?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3#ht_959wt_754

A pair of Zanella in excellent condition! Of course there is that giant piss stain in the crotch
facepalm.gif

Heres how it went down...

Me:

Dear dbdragracer1,

Are you seriously trying to sell these pants for that price when it is very clear that they have a massive urine stain on the crotch?

dbdragracer1:
Yes. I'm quite aware of the defect, which is, you know, why I disclosed it...I've sold about 40 pairs with similar stains at about the same price over the years. Thanks.

I figured this was the end, he did show the picture of the stain, I was just mad that he had them listed in excellent condition....

20 days later...

dbdragracer1
Since you were kind enough to show concern for my listing, I thought I'd just drop a line to tell you that I just got my price for these pants. Thanks again for your consideration!

Me:
....neat?

dbdragracer1
Yeah, it's pretty neat when you can show a jackass who thinks he knows how to price your items that he's wrong

So, did I warrant this response with my comments? I will be adding him to my block list shortly, I would never buy from a guy who list piss stained pants as excellent.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people buy dirty women's panties. Maybe piss stained Italian trousers is the new fetish? He should've asked twice the retail. But really, it's ebay...

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is the first thing I look for when selling on consignment. I won't sell it even if there is just a slight stain.

My point is that the seller is a dick. A leaky dick.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
don't get your pee stained panties in a knot. who cares, move on with your life.

Archibald Longfellow

Reaction score
I don;t understand. If you weren't interested in buying them why did you contact him? Are you the Ebay police? Iif so who appointed you?

I've only ever done a little ebay selling but if somebody semt me a message like yours I wouldn't have been quite so polite in my response. Perhps he was busy and having to read an email from some anonymous smartarse pissed him off.

He put them up and clearly disclosed the defect in both text and pictures. It was up to the buyer to decide if they were prepared to buy them as is.

Should you respond?

Of course you should preferably with a meaningful apology

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Some people buy dirty women's panties. Maybe piss stained Italian trousers is the new fetish? He should've asked twice the retail. But really, it's ebay...

gross

Originally Posted by sonlegoman
let it go, young lady.

I like your cuff links, but up yours

Originally Posted by Master-Classter
don't get your pee stained panties in a knot. who cares, move on with your life.

Yes as you can tell I got overly excited... or I posted the experience on a message board

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you expect? You may have ethics, but that does not mean that seller has similar ethics. From seller's perspective, you were just another high n mighty busybody sticking his nose in others business.

Im just calling the shots the way I see it - Im on your side, and I as a passive observer Im glad you gave this seller a rough time. It is an insult to sell pants with urine or ***** stains - **** that, I might just want to project vomit thinking about it.

Dont expect people to be all embracing regarding critism - most take it badly. Just leave this one and in future just ignore issues that do not directly involve you.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it, everyone wants to seem like they are the **** and have too much things going on to take OP seriously and join his side.

Well, I for one agree with op. I think that if something similar were happening in a brick and mortar men's clothing store, some forumite would be one here complaining just the same. ("My god they sell uncanvassed suits made out of 10% polyester and market them like bespoke!")

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Archibald Longfellow
I don;t understand. If you weren't interested in buying them why did you contact him? Are you the Ebay police? Iif so who appointed you?

I've only ever done a little ebay selling but if somebody semt me a message like yours I wouldn't have been quite so polite in my response. Perhps he was busy and having to read an email from some anonymous smartarse pissed him off.

He put them up and clearly disclosed the defect in both text and pictures. It was up to the buyer to decide if they were prepared to buy them as is.

Should you respond?

Of course you should preferably with a meaningful apology

Would you try and sell a pair of pants with a giant piss stain and describe them as "excellent" condition?

And yes I was interested in buying them until I saw the pictures.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Klobber
What did you expect? You may have ethics, but that does not mean that seller has similar ethics. From seller's perspective, you were just another high n mighty busybody sticking his nose in others business.

Im just calling the shots the way I see it - Im on your side, and I as a passive observer Im glad you gave this seller a rough time. It is an insult to sell pants with urine or ***** stains - **** that, I might just want to project vomit thinking about it.

Dont expect people to be all embracing regarding critism - most take it badly. Just leave this one and in future just ignore issues that do not directly involve you.

Fair point, I was just curious as how he would explain himself. I won't message him back, but I will block him.

Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
I get it, everyone wants to seem like they are the **** and have too much things going on to take OP seriously and join his side.

Well, I for one agree with op. I think that if something similar were happening in a brick and mortar men's clothing store, some fourmite would be one here complaining just the same. ("My god they sell uncanvassed suits made out of 10% polyester and market them like bespoke!")

Thank you!

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Achilles_
Would you try and sell a pair of pants with a giant piss stain and describe them as "excellent" condition?

If this is really such a big deal to you, you should have complained to ebay.
Trying to awake the conscience in the seller is really pointless.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im glad you did not. That would have been some interesting negative feedback you would have left him. Something like: "Seller sells pants with piss and **** stains on them. Never trust this guy!"
lol8[1].gif

joneog

Reaction score

Me:

Dear dbdragracer1,

Are you seriously trying to sell these pants for that price when it is very clear that they have a massive urine stain on the crotch?

dbdragracer1:
Yes. I'm quite aware of the defect, which is, you know, why I disclosed it...I've sold about 40 pairs with similar stains at about the same price over the years. Thanks.

the bigger issue here is that this was the 40th pair of pissed stained pants(assuming thats what he meant by similiar stains) that were sold, and bought!

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joneog
the bigger issue here is that this was the 40th pair of pissed stained pants(assuming thats what he meant by similiar stains) that were sold, and bought!

Good point, where does he get them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads