• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nowiremember
im starting to think trying to find size 39 in any cps is impossible.

Nitty Gritty have white Achilles Lows in 39.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nowiremember
im starting to think trying to find size 39 in any cps is impossible.

It's not.
I had one guy I was going to buy two pairs from, then decided against it, bought a different pair and found out that 39 was too small for me, sold them, then ended up with another pair that I thought was supposed to be a 40, so sold them too. They're out there.

nowiremember

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pitman
Sold out.

I too wear a 39, and have Black Achilles Low in said size, but they're a tad tight. Decided to size up to a 40, should be perfect. Just my $0.02

what size do you were in other shoes?

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of your Achilles not have a clear gold stamp? All my past ones have been super clear, but a recent pair I got, has like minor specks all around the stamp like it wasn't put on precise. It's almost like it's smeared.

**Also, when do summer achilles usually go on sale?

Pitman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Do any of your Achilles not have a clear gold stamp? All my past ones have been super clear, but a recent pair I got, has like minor specks all around the stamp like it was put on precise.

**Also, when do summer achilles usually go on sale?

Might be due to rubbing in the box, or cloth. No major cause for concern.

The summer achilles are on ssense & nittygrittystore.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pitman
Might be due to rubbing in the box, or cloth. No major cause for concern.

The summer achilles are on ssense & nittygrittystore.

Yeah I know that's where you find them, I'm wondering when they will go on sale. I'm not paying $400 for CP's.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Yeah I know that's where you find them, I'm wondering when they will go on sale. I'm not paying $400 for CP's.

They won't be going on sale for several months. AFAIK, S/S just rolled out a couple weeks ago

BTW, size-41 CPs are among the hardest to find on discount. Your best bet might be to just use a good coupon code

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I own 4 pair of CP's and made the mistake of paying retail once, all others have been bought at a discount. Nearly ALL styles go on sale at some point, or at least check the site you want for coupon codes. Ssense and Revolve have pairs I like now, going to sleep on them till they go on sale, which they will.

skywalker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
I own 4 pair of CP's and made the mistake of paying retail once, all others have been bought at a discount. Nearly ALL styles go on sale at some point, or at least check the site you want for coupon codes. Ssense and Revolve have pairs I like now, going to sleep on them till they go on sale, which they will.

Sort of true, but size 41 Mid Achilles are an absolute nightmare to find.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads