• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Terrible Delivery Experiences

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My wife and I wanted to stay in Sunday night and order some delivery. Interested in trying something new, we read some reviews and chose Bistro Citron. I ordered the lobster club, my wife ordered the steak frites with bearnaise. We picked the charcuterie plate to share as an appetizer. Total cost: $100, before tax and tip.

The lobster club, described as coming on toasted brioche, instead came on a hamburger bun. The steak was overcooked and came without the bearnaise. The "charcuterie" plate included supermarket pepperoni and a perfectly rectangular piece of Oscar Mayer-esque processed ham (okay, okay, maybe it was Boar's Head).

To their credit, they agreed to either rectify the mistakes or refund the meal.

What disturbs me isn't so much that this place sucks, but that so many people seem to think it represents decent French food.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
we once ordered some pretty cheap sushi and all of the fluke pieces were full of tendons or veins or whatever it was that made certain spots hard and terrible. It wasn't worth the call to have it fixed, but lesson learned.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
we once ordered some pretty cheap sushi and all of the fluke pieces were full of tendons or veins or whatever it was that made certain spots hard and terrible. It wasn't worth the call to have it fixed, but lesson learned.

For delivery sushi, we use Tenzan on the UWS. I'm convinced they make the best California rolls in the city. Of course, it's not "real" sushi, but it's a top-notch version of the Americanized sushi restaurants dotted all over Manhattan. They even found a way to deliver tempura and keep it crunchy.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
noted. We rarely have sushi delivered in winter, the exception being the once in a while Sushi of Gari. If we are in the mood, we book a spot at 15 East and make it a night out, or if we're in a cocktail mood we'll just swing by the bar at Morimoto and order some snacks. Anything Japanese-ish in the winter is in the form of dumplings which we'll make at home while drinking lots of sake. A great time.

2050028330043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

actually, since they have a UWS location, Land Thai is pretty good for delivery. We usually split the mixed appetizer and a noodle entree and for $20 total it's usually solid and IMO much better for the money than a lot of places.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You ordered Bearnaise sauce delivered? What kind of brute are you anyway?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

The kind that talks about "best California rolls."

--Andre

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ordered Bearnaise sauce delivered?

That was my immediate reaction. How was the sauce supposed to survive the journey?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Clearly, Bistro Citron felt the same as you do.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
The kind that talks about "best California rolls."

--Andre

Oh come one. You don't like them? Some can't be better than others? I love them. I also love General Tso's chicken, and I'm proud of it.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And it's likely your protein would be over... sitting steaming to hell in a container for god knows how long.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
And it's likely your protein would be over... sitting steaming to hell in a container for god knows how long.
Think about that, though. Maybe there is a new technique here. Sear quickly and stick in a ******, styrofoam delivery box to come to temp.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you guys just not order delivery?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I can only speak for NYC but more often than not a restaurant will deliver. Usually the clients are people at work and the meal is paid for by the company, but not always.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads