• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, TTS is doable for me on the most skinny cut, but I am really slim. I have a pair of G007 (one wash) is size 28 tagged.

I think you should size up by one if you're average build. The topblock on the slimmer models (0701, 0705, G007) is really not much forgiving if you make a sizing mistake. The size up is to accomadate the lower rise that is on the 0701.

So, my advice is to go for the size 34 and hot soak.

Solid Blake

Reaction score
Thanks so much guys I really appreciate your advice.

Mistral I will go with your reccomendation and get the 34's. I will let you all know how I go!

Has anyone ordered from Take5 online? I am hoping I can get some sort of express delivery with insurance as opposed to the regular EMS post that they seem to use.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Well, TTS is doable for me on the most skinny cut, but I am really slim. I have a pair of G007 (one wash) is size 28 tagged. I think you should size up by one if you're average build. The topblock on the slimmer models (0701, 0705, G007) is really not much forgiving if you make a sizing mistake. The size up is to accomadate the lower rise that is on the 0701. So, my advice is to go for the size 34 and hot soak.
yeah, i totally see what your saying. i am going off what i would wear and at 5'11" 180lbs and would take a 33 in that cut and totally have room. honestly, if i could do it over i would prefer to have a 33 in the 0705s. but either size would work.
Originally Posted by Solid Blake
Has anyone ordered from Take5 online? I am hoping I can get some sort of express delivery with insurance as opposed to the regular EMS post that they seem to use.
maybe take 5 has shipping information?

Solid Blake

Reaction score
Hmmm you have me double guessing now Whatever. It sounds like we are almost exactly the same size, I am 6 foot and around 180 pounds....What is your actual waist size? When you say you would go the 33 would you be planning to hot soak? Sorry to be a pain ********** guys I just don't want to get the size wrong!

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hmmm you have me double guessing now Whatever. It sounds like we are almost exactly the same size, I am 6 foot and around 180 pounds....What is your actual waist size? When you say you would go the 33 would you be planning to hot soak? Sorry to be a pain ********** guys I just don't want to get the size wrong!

its no pain at all. honestly, i dont know what size my waist is. i wear a 33 or 34 in most chinos ... by eg, wwm & monitaly. most of my raw denim is 33 or 34.

i always hot wash my denim twice before i wear. you can do either size. if you want to confirm measure the jeans you have now that are fully stretched out and compare those to the size 33 or 34 measurements. that would be the best way to figure out your size.

Nopike343

Reaction score
I'm 6'1 and about 195, I tried the 705's in 34 no way they would work especially the thighs. I went with 36's and still the thighs are just barely large enough.

I would recommend the 34's for you. It's not the waist or the top block that's going to cause you problems with these slim fits it's the thighs. And thighs don't stretch much. If they end up a little looser than you like at least you can wear them, if they are too tight you won't like them one bit. I've had my 705's for 5 months and stretch has been minimal.

I just had the same issue with the warehouse 800's, thought I could wear a 34. But need a 36. All my other jeans including 501's are 34 and no fit issues at all. But these slim fit Japanese cuts have really narrow thighs.

EDIT: I have not tried 701's so those who have can probably provide better information. But I would still be wary about going with the smaller size.

Solid Blake

Reaction score
Thanks Nopike. Based on everyones advice I think I will go with the 34's. I emailed take5 a few days ago but haven't received a response so it could be a slow process buying these babys!!!

Mossy

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some update pics with you guys since some of you helped me size these. These are size 32 0201's, worn for 6 months. I am 5'7, 160lbs. I gave them a hot soak and a half-hangdry, half-tumble dry when I first got them. Just did my first machine wash a few days ago. For the past 3 months they have only been worn around the house, so the fades aren't too extreme. I'm not sure why the fades are so much more pronounced on the right leg--maybe because I keep my wallet in my right back pocket? Anyways, I just had them slightly tapered because I couldn't stand how big the leg opening was (I suppose I lost the natural "slight taper" of this cut when I got them hemmed). I like 'em alot now.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
the fit is nice and those are looking good, keep at them,

are those pics with the taper? where did you have them done and how much did they taper? from the knee down or the entire leg?

thanks.

Mossy

Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes, the pics are with the taper. I had them done at Albert's in Vancouver. I asked for a "slight" taper and explained that my main concern was that I wanted the leg opening to be narrower. I think he tapered them from above the knee. I wasn't really sure what to ask for because I had never had any pants tapered before, but semi-trusted the guy because I had heard lots of good reviews. I was a bit worried, but they turned out well.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Mossy:

Whats with your honeycombs?

Mossy

Reaction score
I really have no idea, they came out pretty weird. I guess I kinda suck at this whole raw denim thing.

Mossy

Reaction score
do you guys think the fades will continue to develop even after their first wash? The denim is still pretty damn dark.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
do you guys think the fades will continue to develop even after their first wash? The denim is still pretty damn dark.

Yes, they will...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads