• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Synthese
i had one of those awful moments a week ago in 3 inch wind crust where you start to cross your skis right before dropping off a rock and the only thing you can think is "uh-oh."
I almost killed myself yesterday going down a steep slope -- hit powder then ice then mogul, spun around and was facing directly uphill while falling backwards. Slammed my main melon on another mogul below below me at high velocity. Saw stars and just laid there for about 20 seconds facing up wondering whether I should try to move. Of course, I did it on the last run of the day, "just one more run." btw your fits lately have been on point, esp this one. someone didn't like the stacking I believe, but it looks great to me. this is probably your best work.
Originally Posted by Synthese
sup tonio
i6Tlzl.jpg

Originally Posted by jet
ya but we got dis and the beach and glorious weather plus places to buy dope **** plus vegas short drive away and hoes!!!11
yes but the state seems to be run by lunatics, why is that?
Originally Posted by GlenCoe
damn, that is dope makes you look younger too
agree, looks good MoK ___ unrelated, I should not have knocked the Mac 12 sherry cask last week, I had it again over the weekend and enjoyed it more than I remembered. I prefer the 18 but that is not an everyday drink at $160 a bottle

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chamb1.jpg

chambray2.jpg

Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better.

Thoughts?

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
chamb1.jpg

Not entirely sure how to wear a chambray, just a noob trying to learn. Tried between 2 ideas. I think the 2nd one matches the use for a chambray work shirt, and the boots seem fitting to the style. The first one I like as well though, maybe it matches the grey jeans better.

Thoughts?

i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked into a table saw or lathe. Plus the half placket on the Jcrew chambray is a pretty cool detail. Looks washed out with gray but then with blue you've got the (insert rube location here) tuxedo look...I vote for repro khakis in a slim or straight fit. Or you can wear black denim.

Brinbro

Reaction score
Last painting in my office, Snowman. Probably the most successful too.
img1497mr.jpg
vv Yeah, it is. Thanks. Zipper keeps pulling threads along the teeth though, which is something I wish the designers had thought of... :/

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peter1
i think you want to button it..."work" shirts are meant to be buttoned so you're not (in theory) getting yourself sucked into a table saw or lathe. Plus the half placket on the Jcrew chambray is a pretty cool detail. Looks washed out with gray but then with blue you've got the (insert rube location here) tuxedo look...I vote for repro khakis in a slim or straight fit. Or you can wear black denim.

That was some really good advice. Thanks a lot man.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A brief catch-up before I head off down the coast for a couple of days. See you guys soon.

Originally Posted by about11oclock
^ that's the waifish sw & d spirit right there MoK. You'll be stacking jeggings over GATs in no time!
waifish
laugh.gif
I think that's the last adjective anyone would use to describe me
wink.gif

Originally Posted by PaulYAY
I disagree. I'm digging the no-break double cuff. I'm wearing mine exactly like that today. (this is not the same as the one that I called out as a bad look recently, which was cuffed inches above low top sneakers- not to say that can't work though.)

edit: I just noticed that mine do break, about an inch or so.. I think it looks good both ways though.

Nice fit once again MoK. I think the outerwear versatility has been key, as it is with so many solid posters.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by coldforge
I do think the red shirt would work better if it were shorter than the blackwatch, though. Tuck? I dunno. I tuck more than other people. Probably not here. But I would recommend a shorter shirt. In my view, it would look less sloppy, make the blackwatch look more jackety, and maybe still look casual and cool without being anachronistic.
Maybe. Generally I do tuck...
Originally Posted by sciphiyem
did some touristy stuff a few weekends ago...thoughts?

16736860339125705113000.jpg

I like it.
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3965.jpg
[/SPOILER]

Not a fan of the footwear, otherwise I like it.
Originally Posted by DLester
agree, looks good MoK

___

unrelated, I should not have knocked the Mac 12 sherry cask last week, I had it again over the weekend and enjoyed it more than I remembered. I prefer the 18 but that is not an everyday drink at $160 a bottle

Cheers. I like the Mac but find the 12yr a tad too sweet for me.
Originally Posted by 1up
chamb1.jpg

chambray2.jpg

Thoughts?

Both look okay to me. I think your over sweating this. as to whrther you'd wear it tucked in for genuine work, it would depend on whether you're operating machinery or shifting bales...
Originally Posted by Brinbro

img1497mr.jpg
vv Yeah, it is. Thanks. Zipper keeps pulling threads along the teeth though, which is something I wish the designers had thought of... :/

Nice.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So MC is gonna dress up like famous guys from bygone eras, what is new
rimshot.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
So MC is gonna dress up like famous guys from bygone eras, what is new
rimshot.gif

laugh.gif

So, are you in?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DTO

Named after member DTO who liked member Phat Guido's clothing so much that he copied some of his stuff.

For those who missed it:

Originally Posted by NOBD
Another attempt to get some cross-over action... This Friday's
challenge. SW&D'ers (?) are welcome to play. Just post your
entry on Friday in WAYWRN.

Celebrity DTO Challenge

The challenge: DTO a celebrity you admire or want to imitate
for whatever reason, and try and make it look good.

Some categories:

Actors

487393.jpg

Musicians

tomwaitspng.png

Philosophers

sartre1194697896.jpg

Artists

hdpicassohdaffiche432.jpg

Politicians

tumblrl7d0ggxltx1qbfole.jpg

Athletes

25457635015b7e1c7b21.jpg

Royalty

voetballendeprinceofwal.jpg

Couturiers

42870yvessaintlaurent63.jpg

I think it would be nice to add a pic of the celeb you DTO.
You can also write an essay about why you picked him (or
her?), or not... Copy him literally or let your own style seep
through"”it's up to you.

If it's okay with Spoo I'd like to suggest again to take the
pictures any day of the week; just post them on Friday.

Have fun!

- NOBD

Hope you don't mind me posting this here. Challenge description thread.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdx
Not sold on the shoes NYR, otherwise very nice.

Originally Posted by keredog
^^Agreed. Nothing wrong with Asics, simply the color.

Originally Posted by Harbin
I think the color is a nice contrast to the rest of the fit

Originally Posted by scott.m
Love you too, k. And only beef I have with that is the jacket, maybe sneaks are too juvenile/playful? Idk.

Originally Posted by cb_32
all good but i think you should get some white tigers

Originally Posted by ManofKent

Not a fan of the footwear, otherwise I like it.

Guess you guys won't like my rainbow ones either then...lol. Thanks fellas.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brinbro

img1497mr.jpg

scarf/bandana(?) looks cool here. paintings are obv well done. thanks for posting it up!
biggrin.gif

what do you mean "most successful" ? been in the most shows?

NYRanger looking brolic
worship.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads