• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Art Los Angeles Contemporary is opening tonight at the Barker Hangar. Most of the best galleries in LA (minus Blum & Poe), plus several international visitors. I was helping install last night and there's a lot of great stuff.

http://artlosangelesfair.com/

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aaron Smith
3_aaronsmithbearded2009jpeg.jpg
Bearded, 2009, oil on panel, 24" x 22"
3_mazzard1.jpg
Mazzard, 2010, oil on panel, 28" x 18"

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
i love this
one of my favorites too. there are two of those pieces. during the show, they were leaning on each side of one of the gallery walls.
_MG_0429.jpg
_MG_0411.jpg
Campo del Cielo I & Campo del Cielo II, 2010 meteorite, magnet, glass 72 x 24 x 8 inches each

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
^^ same artist (emilie halpern). that piece was originally a billboard project for LAXART

_thumb_halpern5_jpg_600x460_upscale_q85.jpg

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
^^ same artist (emilie halpern). that piece was originally a billboard project for LAXART

_thumb_halpern5_jpg_600x460_upscale_q85.jpg

You don't say. I like the deliberate placement of the car to juxtapose to nature but yet keep the same color balance of the peace. Amazing Art, would look great in any kitchen.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pezzaturra
You don't say. I like the deliberate placement of the car to juxtapose to nature but yet keep the same color balance of the peace. Amazing Art, would look great in any kitchen.
i appreciate you taking time out from trolling CE with **** jokes in order to share your opinion.

Pezzaturra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i appreciate you taking time out from trolling CE with **** jokes in order to share your opinion.

Thank you for noticing my ART.

The Thin Man

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a painting that was posted here several months ago. I just went through the whole thread and couldn't find it, so maybe the link is broken. I'm wondering if someone can help.

It was a large painting on a white background, with what appeared to be a tree and roots, but had very intricate, fanciful details. I think the artist was a contemporary American woman. Any ideas?

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
Aaron Smith

3_aaronsmithbearded2009jpeg.jpg

Bearded, 2009, oil on panel, 24" x 22"

3_mazzard1.jpg

Mazzard, 2010, oil on panel, 28" x 18"

I really like.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some recent ones i like at the gallery:

_MG_0432.jpg

one of my favorites too. there are two of those pieces. during the show, they were leaning on each side of one of the gallery walls.

_MG_0429.jpg

_MG_0411.jpg

Nice.
If you like that, you should check out Christopher Wilmarth's work, if you don't know it already. He's dead now, tragic work but beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads