• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge 2/25/11 - As decided by NOBD....

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
Are you joking? EVERY DAY could be an entry for you...

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Why??? You have been channeling Don Draper for as long as I have been here. Well, here is your chance to shine!
smile.gif

Mike

But isn't that just a bit too easy for a Friday Challenge?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
SW&D looks OK for his one?
peepwall[1].gif

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I defer to NOBD.

Sure. I'll post the challenge description in WAYWT, if that's okay with Spoo. (Was a great success last time... Not.)

Originally Posted by niidawg3
i actually considered Charlie Sheen for a moment, no lie.

Please play this one, nii. You're missed in the challenges.

Originally Posted by PandArts

Not at all. Do your thing.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why? Plenty of people have posted their daily uniforms as Challenge entries..and several have been outright winners with them (you, me, Spoo, NOBD, etc.). There is no requirement that you get out of your comfort zone. Nobody says you have to dress like Gianni Versace to enter. If the Challenge is tailor made (pun intended) for a look you favor, get thee into the Challenge.

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
****. Back to square one.
frown.gif

LOL. YOU can, but I doubt Pand can.
lol8[1].gif

Hey, are you checking your damn e-mail? I want to buy something, sucka.

Mike

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Mike

Just saw that. Sorry... You want both the Hermes blankets AND the patent leather boots? Cool. You know the paypal.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw that. Sorry... You want both the Hermes blankets AND the patent leather boots? Cool. You know the paypal.

Of course....I think I can tie one of those blankets like a scarf, and wear the other as a Kiffea. I need those boots for my night gig as a gimp. You wouldn't have a Tom Ford gag ball, would you???

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mike

Of course....I think I can tie one of those blankets like a scarf, and wear the other as a Kiffea. I need those boots for my night gig as a gimp. You wouldn't have a Tom Ford gag ball, would you???

uhoh.gif
lurker[1].gif

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. YOU can, but I doubt Pand can.
lol8[1].gif

Well I do have two vintage Gianni Versace pieces but very subdued for the name
smile.gif

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well I do have two vintage Gianni Versace pieces but very subdued for the name
smile.gif

If you do Gianni Versace, Ill do Don Draper.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would actually do Don Draper. ****, I have a real deal Oxxford from 1964. However, it belongs to Pand. I would be more like Don Draper after he let himself go and spent a year eating nothing but Krispy Kreme donuts.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL! Oddly enough, Gianni himself was a rather subdued dresser often in all black, it was Donatella who took Versace into the over-the-top aesthetic we've all come to love and admire
tongue.gif

I would actually do Don Draper. ****, I have a real deal Oxxford from 1964. However, it belongs to Pand. I would be more like Don Draper after he let himself go and spent a year eating nothing but Krispy Kreme donuts.
lol8[1].gif

Mike

I LOL'd!

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
LOL! Oddly enough, Gianni himself was a rather subdued dresser often in all black, it was Donatella who took Versace into the over-the-top aesthetic we've all come to love and admire
tongue.gif

Perhaps from what the general public saw of him, mostly taking bows on the runway, sure. However, once opened up to a more private reel, he was more vibrant than anyone. Donatella, while Gianni's muse, is painfully shy and hates the spotlight and attention. She would spend the whole day being a wallflower if she could, and only does this because she was thrust into the figurehead position by his untimely death. Donatella actually dulled down the Versace aesthetic, mostly because of her general ineptitude to design. She took cues from modern Milanese management, which fabricated this "new look" of Versace - a very black and white, angular, futuristic aesthetic. Gianni thrived on the excess of the baroque, and utilized it in every aspect of his life - his art collections, home decor, and his personal wardrobe. He wore black on the runway 75% of the time, as not to detract from the clothes he was showing, and the supermodels he was creating. As not to burn all of your retinas, here is just a minor dip in that pond :
GianniVersaceportraitbyMARICECOHNBA.jpg
versace.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads