• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supplements

greenbean

Reaction score
Hi there That is really interesting. I never heard of taking supplements for exercise before. Would it notbe dangerous? Maybe it would be interesting to buy someand try Thanks

Willie5566

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Coldsnap
I'm just putting this out there but supplements are a complete wash. Most companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for scientific research which tries to prove their supplements work, sometimes it is so insignificant.

Yes and no. I think we can all agree there is no magic pill. At the end of the day it still takes diet and exercise.

Originally Posted by akatsuki
FTFY

Like I said, I just take protein shakes cause I can't get enough calories in a day otherwise to support building muscle - probably don't need the extra protein really, but I hate milk so I can't do GOMAD.

This is a good reason as is the convenience factor. I like throwing in a shake or two during the day as a healthy and balanced snack. I still get in fruits and vegetables but I need something else when i am eating 6 times a day.

Z_Cavaricci

Reaction score
White Flood by Controlled Labs, is a very good pre-workout energy supplement.

I still miss Trim Spa with ephedra. That stuff worked like magic.

GL

tesseract

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Look at my first post on the topic.

any of the racetams are still quite easy to get. In fact i just bought pramiracetam, the newest of the group which is supposed to be a hell of a lot stronger.

matt22616

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ihambrecht
any of the racetams are still quite easy to get. In fact i just bought pramiracetam, the newest of the group which is supposed to be a hell of a lot stronger.

You're a gentleman and a scholar. Link?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Z_Cavaricci
White Flood by Controlled Labs, is a very good pre-workout energy supplement.

I still miss Trim Spa with ephedra. That stuff worked like magic.

GL

Go order some Bronkaid and some 200 mg caffeine pills off Amazon and call it a day. Good stuff.

Willie5566

Reaction score

WTF? Are we still talking supplements?

Reaction score
I've been playing around with animal pak multivitamins and if you can stomach taking over 20 pills a day it's great. For a preworkout booster, I've been doing White Flood by Controlled labs, but the best experience I've had was with Jack3d by USP labs. In my opinion the best whey protein is TrueMass by BSN, but I know a lot of guys have had great success with Optimum Nutrition, however, it tastes really bad and I couldn't stomach it when I was trying to bulk.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yikes....the spam is strong with this thread.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recommend keeping it simple with supplements.

Whey
Fish oil
Multi/joint supplement (I like orange triad)

If you want more then stick with what's proven:
Caffeine
Micronized creatine mono
BCAAs (debatable but I like during fasted workouts and cardio)

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whey, casine, BCAAs, multivitamins

*EDIT* Didn't know caffeine counted but I do have a bit to wake up + stave off hunger

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are using the whey protein, won't the BCAAs break out from that. I'm not sure it is necessary to include the BCAA in you look for a whey protein profile that has them.

One thing to not include is sugar or anything else that is particularly high in carbs.

FrankNine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Willie5566
Allow me to clarify-Not all supplements are created equal. In the case of Omega 3's and such, perhaps all brands are equal. However, with creatine and protein as well as any other supplements you may feel it is relevant, please include brands of the supplement that you are using.

Gracias!

I totally agree Willie, theres a huge difference between a low quality whey protein powder and a high purity brand, I learnt that the long way round
smile.gif

Muchas Gracias!

Mblova

Reaction score

Yeah, would appreciate a reliable link.

dimshum

Reaction score
I thought I'd revive this thread to mention a supplement that I've recently added to my regimen with huge benefits: vitamin D3.

I've gone to taking one 5000 iu pill morning and night and my sleep/mood has never been better. Last night, I took one pill with my multivitamin and I KTFO and woke up feeling refreshed as ever.

Because Vitamin D comes from sunlight exposure, it'd be especially useful to those of you who work indoors with flourescent tans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics