• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Samuel Windsor

TheAdMan

Reaction score
What can be said about Samuel Windsor in terms of quality? About the same as Loake? Cheaney?

Thank you.

twistoffat

Reaction score
I bought two pairs and they have lasted well to now. I wouldn´t say they are good quality and I give each pair a one year lifespan with regular use. That said they were soooooo cheap I don´t feel like they were a bad buy. Actually quite comfortable to be honest...just don´t expect them to last like good name shoemakers

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are probably the cheapest Goodyear welted shoes available and a case of you really get what you pay for.

Poor quality leathers and undesirable lasts/unimaginative designs.

These are not going to be anywhere near the quality of Loake and certainly not Cheaney.

So while they may appear good for £25 or whatever the going rate is, personally I would rather stump up the extra £100 and opt for a pair of Loake which look a million times better, I would take pride in caring for and would have them resoled as and when the time came, rather than just chucking away.

1 pair Loake > 4 pairs Samuel Windsor

twistoffat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
They are probably the cheapest Goodyear welted shoes available and a case of you really get what you pay for.

These are not going to be anywhere near the quality of Loake and certainly not Cheaney.

So while they may appear good for £25 or whatever the going rate is, personally I would rather stump up the extra £100 and opt for a pair of Loake which look a million times better, I would take pride in caring for and would have them resoled as and when the time came, rather than just chucking away.

Correct and 1 Pair of Loakes cost 4 times the Samuel Windsors. If I didn´t have a pair I´d be fully behind you. They are inferior shoes at the end of the day but they actually surprised me personally for the price I paid. Quite honestly i thought for that money they´d last a week.

twistoffat

Reaction score
If you only have a budget of £50, you could do a lot worse. Otherwise I don't see any reason to opt for them.

Correct again. Assuming the OP is trying to be frugal and has a tight budget, these shoes are actually okay...n´est pas?

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paradoxically, Samuel Windsor is the upmarket brand of old man's shop Clifford James. They have a shop in Ripley - just off the A3, in Surrey - selling all manner of pensioner chic. I particularly liked their two pairs of black Oxfords for 25 quid. Sadly prices have gone up a bit:- http://www.clifford-james.co.uk/shop...type/lace%20up They are polished leather, of course, and the style is rather rounded - but cracking value nonetheless. If you stick a rubber sole on them they last for a long time and are useful for foul weather. Samuel Windsor are best seen in real life before you buy. I like the calf leather tan chukka boots;but some of the other lines are far too shiney for my taste.

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
Our men's shoes range are made from the finest leather, handmade shoes of the highest quality. With classic styles such as brogues, Chelsea boots, and a range of Italian shoes, handmade from the finest Italian leather, our customers are spoilt for choice. We also have a range of men's leather slippers.

I hate the way companies blatantly lie to customers.

I suppose they might using the finest Italian skinned stray dog leather or something.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads