• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soviet one

mmm57.jpg

bing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
14lra6s.jpg

My Akribos XXIV DaVinci that my mother bought me to wear to my wedding. Not quite as classic as most of the stuff I've seen in the thread so far, but it's the one I had on today and thought it was worth sharing. I think it's pretty at least.

be careful with that one... i bought one a few years ago... same watch, different brand... it fell apart.

notice where the minute hand is here???

skeleton%20watch.jpg

anyways...

Originally Posted by bing
speedmaster%20(7).jpg

from that... swap to a chunky Omega leather strap

Speedy%20on%20Leather.JPG

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bing
be careful with that one... i bought one a few years ago... same watch, different brand... it fell apart.

notice where the minute hand is here???

Thanks for the tip. It's not one in my daily rotation, but I must admit to liking the aesthetics. Plus, my mother bought it for me as a wedding present. Daily, I usually wear one of these two:

qri4c9.jpg
2rm4l8m.jpg

Obviously, I remain the worlds worst photographer.

The one on the left is an Adee Kaye that I picked up about the same time as the Akribos. According to Watchuseek it's of asian manufacture, however it keeps time exceedingly well and I've received quite a number of compliments about it. The Xezo is my latest addition, and probably the one I'm most fond of at the moment.

slider07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pauliec
Tag Heuer "Steve McQueen" Monaco

photo-1.jpg

GREAT watch - congrats!

The vintage Heuer Monacos go for a pretty penny - definitely a grail watch. The vintage Heuer watches in general are classic watches. I have an Autavia Viceroy which sees a lot of wrist time.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
would really like a Monaco chrono myself. I ask people what they think of it and nobody else likes it. =\\

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it...

pauliec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slider07
GREAT watch - congrats!

The vintage Heuer Monacos go for a pretty penny - definitely a grail watch. The vintage Heuer watches in general are classic watches. I have an Autavia Viceroy which sees a lot of wrist time.

Thanks. I recently got it and have been wearing it all the time, leaving my Omega Speedmaster to sit at home, looking sad. Ah well. The novelty of the new watch hasn't worn off yet.

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mottykytu
I love vintage watch , especially Omega Pie-Pal 1960's
Me too! I would choose a Pie-Pan Constellation over most expensive dress watches available today. Fantastic dials, high quality movements and dirt cheap (well, compared to today's high end dress watches). This is my pie-pan, photo taken New Year's Eve.
Julognyttr2010252.jpg

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
would really like a Monaco chrono myself. I ask people what they think of it and nobody else likes it. =\\
Welcome, brother from another mother.
Originally Posted by Warren G.
I like it...
Get in line sparky.
Originally Posted by NonServiam
Me too! I would choose a Pie-Pan Constellation over most expensive dress watches available today. Fantastic dials, high quality movements and dirt cheap (well, compared to today's high end dress watches). This is my pie-pan, photo taken New Year's Eve.
Julognyttr2010252.jpg

Wow. Is the watch in that pristine condition or is it the picture?

NonServiam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Wow. Is the watch in that pristine condition or is it the picture?
The dial is perfect. The hands have some patina, not showing as much in that picture. The case is unpolished, and therefore showing its age here and there.
Klokkebilder333.jpg

Knisse

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads