• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I hear you guys. I get tired of wearing slimmed out everything all the time though. Like food and drink, I need variety in my life. A brutha just wants to be chill and not worry about stylin' all the time. I understand how the fits might not be too well received though.
I hear you, I just grabbed a pair of Aircuts and sized up one so they wouldn't be slim fit. Asobu never does slim fit anything and I think Nicelynice was looking into more relaxed stuff like the mermaid pants. But with the no-discernible-shape washed denim you've got there I just don't see what you're going for and like I say just looks like you're on a "don't care" day, which would be fine but then you wouldn't take waywts.

Imho, anyway.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
I hear you, I just grabbed a pair of Aircuts and sized up one so they wouldn't be slim fit. Asobu never does slim fit anything and I think Nicelynice was looking into more relaxed stuff like the mermaid pants. But with the no-discernible-shape washed denim you've got there I just don't see what you're going for and like I say just looks like you're on a "don't care" day, which would be fine but then you wouldn't take waywts.

Imho, anyway.

Not going for anything really, other than channeling my old pre-SF 90's baggy errything style maybe haha. Nah, just thought I'd snap some chill WAYWTs to keep the pics coming. Denim is nothing extraordinary, they're washed selvage RB15s a size up from usual, but the denim is quite good, nice hand. I had been eying some non-offensive/not too-washed-out-dad jeans for a minute and liked these finally so I picked them up for spring/summer wear when I hate too slim for humid weather denim.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've gotten so used to wearing sweats since I never have anywhere to go that all denim feels like sandpaper against my skin, so I can relate to now wanting to go with slim all day, e'ry day. However, slim sweats or comfortable trousers would probably look more suitable on those days you just don't feel the slim silhouette.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I've gotten so used to wearing sweats since I never have anywhere to go that all denim feels like sandpaper against my skin, so I can relate to now wanting to go with slim all day, e'ry day. However, slim sweats or comfortable trousers would probably look more suitable on those days you just don't feel the slim silhouette.
That depends on the wearer really. I don't wear sweats out in public personally and I go out in both fuller cut denim and fuller cut trousers, just depends on the mood and where I'm going. "Looking more suitable" really depends on the occasion to me, but I think both can look good.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
You look good and everything fits well, but that is a horrible waste of raf simon high tops. I mean they look good with what you're wearing, but they just kind of look like cheap leather dress shoes.

This is what I am going for. How many people know these are Rafs anyways what matters is that I know they are. They don't look like cheap leather dress shoes at all....maybe it's the pics...

Someone please educate me on why e0d9's fit is so good?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
This is what I am going for. How many people know these are Rafs anyways what matters is that I know they are. They don't look like cheap leather dress shoes at all....maybe it's the pics...

Someone please educate me on why e0d9's fit is so good?

You respond to "they look like cheap leather dress shoes" with "this is what I am going for" but then you say they don't look like cheap leather dress shoes. Does not compute. I think what's puzzling everyone is why you would drop five bills on shoes that's distinct high-top design is such a big part of the model's appeal and then completely obscure that design.

And ed's fit is so good because he's wearing a god-damn leopard print shirt under a beautiful leather and it doesn't look unnatural.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
You respond to "they look like cheap leather dress shoes" with "this is what I am going for" but then you say they don't look like cheap leather dress shoes. Does not compute. I think what's puzzling everyone is why you would drop five bills on shoes that's distinct high-top design is such a big part of the model's appeal and then completely obscure that design. And ed's fit is so good because he's wearing a god-damn leopard print shirt under a beautiful leather and it doesn't look unnatural.
Ok...the "what I am going for" is that I don't care if someone thinks they are cheap shoes...I like not being too flash about it...get it? I don't get this though...must I wear them with my pants looking like pancakes up to my knees in order to get my moneys worth? On the fit.....alright.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Without bringing the other thread into it because that's just a mess for you, honest questions then.

1. Why would you spend 500 bucks on a shoe with the stated intent of "going for" a look that says "I don't care if people think these are cheap dress shoes, I know better"?

Note: they don't look anything like cheap dress shoes, they look like brown sneakers.

2. Are you really worried about getting your "money's worth" out of them? Because if that's a concern you probably shouldn't be dropping large sums on sneakers. It's not really about getting your money's worth it's about wearing a piece of clothing either in the way it was meant to be worn according to the design or in a way that makes some kind of sense in order to achieve a desired aesthetic objective. And yes, I just threw up in my mouth a bit typing out the phrase "aesthetic objective" but I can't think of a better way to say it.

Real talk, thinking about it you're not even far off on making those things look good. I would like them if worn with non-blue denim or casual cotton / moleskin / something pants in a 19cmish cut, stacked (yes, stacked) with a fairly reserved top half like a button up and a cardi. The juxtaposition would be pretty interesting. And now I want to see someone pull this off.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Ok...the "what I am going for" is that I don't care if someone thinks they are cheap shoes...I like not being too flash about it...get it?

I don't get this though...must I wear them with my pants looking like pancakes up to my knees in order to get my moneys worth?

Why not just by brown mids or lows of something that isn't $500 then? I think they're a waste of $500 whether you stack or not, but I thought the whole appeal of these shoes was the silhouette the entire shoe offers.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Without bringing the other thread into it because that's just a mess for you, honest questions then.

1. Why would you spend 500 bucks on a shoe with the stated intent of "going for" a look that says "I don't care if people think these are cheap dress shoes, I know better"?

Note: they don't look anything like cheap dress shoes, they look like brown sneakers.

2. Are you really worried about getting your "money's worth" out of them? Because if that's a concern you probably shouldn't be dropping large sums on sneakers. It's not really about getting your money's worth it's about wearing a piece of clothing either in the way it was meant to be worn according to the design or in a way that makes some kind of sense in order to achieve a desired aesthetic objective. And yes, I just threw up in my mouth a bit typing out the phrase "aesthetic objective" but I can't think of a better way to say it.

Real talk, thinking about it you're not even far off on making those things look good. I would like them if worn with non-blue denim or casual cotton / moleskin / something pants in a 19cmish cut, stacked (yes, stacked) with a fairly reserved top half like a button up and a cardi. The juxtaposition would be pretty interesting. And now I want to see someone pull this off.

1. Ummm could it be because I don't care? They are just shoes that I liked? Thats not too popular around here huh..

2. Sarcastic smart ass reply there if you did not notice. Who says how clothes are meant to be worn? Why would I do what is expected? This is just my thing. I don't wear it in any other way but mine, is this so hard to understand for most of you...IF my pants naturally "stack" then alright

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
See there's nothing wrong with not caring. That's legitimate. People care about different things. People who don't care about clothes, however, do not go to the trouble of seeking out and purchasing $500 shoes on the internet and then posting pictures of them and then posting pictures of thesmelves wearing them and then arguing about them. So I'm just gonna go ahead and not believe you on that one. I mean I believe you liked them, I just don't get your reasoning.

Your second point is sort of like going on Stylezeitgeist and saying "why shouldn't I wear this MA+ leather trenchcoat with seersucker shorts? Who says I can't? I wear things my way yo."

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
See there's nothing wrong with not caring. That's legitimate. People care about different things. People who don't care about clothes, however, do not go to the trouble of seeking out and purchasing $500 shoes on the internet and then posting pictures of them and then posting pictures of thesmelves wearing them and then arguing about them. So I'm just gonna go ahead and not believe you on that one. I mean I believe you liked them, I just don't get your reasoning.

Your second point is sort of like going on Stylezeitgeist and saying "why shouldn't I wear this MA+ leather trenchcoat with seersucker shorts? Who says I can't? I wear things my way yo."

Simply put I DO care about the actual physical shoes. What I don't care about is all the fit talk and how they are supposed to be worn, I don't see it as a "waste" of a Raf sneaker for it to be worn how I wear them

Not really man, it just means I don't want to stack them so....I won't

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
yawn.gif

Binker

Reaction score
i know exactly what moo was talking about re ar. you just blather on and on about things that are utterly meaningless and totally uninteresting. try caring less.

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Shoulders look tight on the ToJ.

I wouldn't be sad with just a touch more room, visually. In terms of feel, it's a little tight across the shoulders with a sweater, and pretty comfortable with a thinner shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads