• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do we all do for a living?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by William Bruce
If I could not do anything and just sit at home and eat and put on nice suits, pants etc in short be able to dress like a star, then that would be awesome. But since life is not a ferry tale, I have to wake up every day at six and go to school and teach history to a bunch of teenagers that don't get anything. So what does that make me?
You sound like a woman by that description.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by William Bruce
If I could not do anything and just sit at home and eat and put on nice suits, pants etc in short be able to dress like a star, then that would be awesome. But since life is not a ferry tale, I have to wake up every day at six and go to school and teach history to a bunch of teenagers that don't get anything. So what does that make me?

Originally Posted by landshark
You sound like a woman by that description.

I was going to say a ****** teacher.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe
I was going to say a ****** teacher.

I like teachers at dinner parties...

They're entertaining .

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
My job is so ******* unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the ******* stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big ******* dog to work. Every ******* day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single ******* day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and ****.

So... you HAVE to tell us...where to kop that lovely neckerchief?????

So dashingly jaunty...
laugh.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Canary Wharf
M&A integration, carve outs etc

Fun stuff, isn't it? I don't think the politics are as interesting anywhere else as in an IMO.

Canary Wharf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Fun stuff, isn't it? I don't think the politics are as interesting anywhere else as in an IMO.

I don't have anything to compare it to.

Apart from 2 years at Citi straight out, I haven't done anything else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads