• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theRRshop

Reaction score
We are talking about boots, something that takes a beating....
don't know what you are trying to prove.
Tell the store where you purchased them, not here on some forum.
Others who also spent hundreds on them, don't need to read your personal attacks on a item we enjoy.

Originally Posted by el duderino
Heh, hopefully it wasn't held back for quality issues. Love the sloppy/miscut channel in the sole...pretty bad considering the price. Whoever is building Julian's boots doesn't seem to realize how much they are retailing for.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
We are talking about boots, something that takes a beating.... don't know what you are trying to prove. It's the lighting.... If you are not a true RRL fan/collector.. then go to the J Crew threads...
Why am I even bothering to reply to you? If being a fan means blindly ignoring poor workmanship, then sorry I'm not a "fan". The fact of the matter is I had a pair with a miscut groove in the exact same spot in that picture, only far worse. And yeah they are boots and on the sole so who cares? But if someone can't take the time to cut a channel in a sole properly, you really think the boot is well made? From my own first-hand experience they aren't. Sorry I'm raining a parade on you trying to resell stuff and make you feel better about owning limited edition pieces, but true "collectors" don't resell or have ebay stores (especially if they aren't as rich as you keep tastelessly hinting at). I wasn't even going to call you out on it, but in your last posts you were waxing poetic about how you don't care about price, are loaded, and don't need to resell items (like the totem pole wool throw). Then, shortly after the post, you list said item on eBay (sorry I have a saved search on eBay RRL, I'm not e-stalking you...). Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the definition of hypocrite, no? Anyways, you won't have to expect me to reply to any of your posts here since arguing on the internet is pointless, but I think I've made my point. It's pretty obvious your contribution to this thread is purely to fool people to buy from your eBay store which is totally contradictory to statements you make in your posts.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF should just outright delete this thread. this is hell.

theRRshop

Reaction score
Sit back....
el duderino is just having a personal melt-down
because few people are clicking on his FOR SALE SIGNATURE.

Originally Posted by pebblegrain
this thread ******* sucks

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why some RRL jeans are so much more expensive than other RRL jeans (I am from the suit wearing crowd, so don't shoot me for asking dumb question, please...)

So I was in the London RRL store today, saw something I really liked (which the sales guy told me is recycled denim) for 345 pounds, and something I like but not as much as the first one for 125 pounds (which is not recycled according to the sales guy).

The recycled one is low straight cut while the cheaper one is slim straight cut (ridiculously tapperd by my usual standard, the only other jeans I have is Levi 514 that I got for 30 dollars god knows when, 5 years ago?).

I was checking this ones on ebay in waist 30 (which seems to work the best for me, I am like in between 30 and 31 in dress pant)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RRL-SELVEDGE...item8e07dc8b4a

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...ht_7022wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...ht_7517wt_1139

even their claimed retail price is all over the place. What's so special about the last one for example? What additional am I paying for?

theRRshop

Reaction score
Well, the third link ebay seller, is known for marking their prices way up... then tricking the public, with a mark-down.... to get you to think you are saving..

I was surprised at reading their negative posts towards their buyers who left negative feedback.. no way to treat a customer.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

I would never buy from a seller that has no respect for the customer.

Get your jeans from a RRL store, this way you can try them on...

Good luck

Originally Posted by clee1982
Can someone explain to me why some RRL jeans are so much more expensive than other RRL jeans (I am from the suit wearing crowd, so don't shoot me for asking dumb question, please...)

So I was in the London RRL store today, saw something I really liked (which the sales guy told me is recycled denim) for 345 pounds, and something I like but not as much as the first one for 125 pounds (which is not recycled according to the sales guy).

The recycled one is low straight cut while the cheaper one is slim straight cut (ridiculously tapperd by my usual standard, the only other jeans I have is Levi 514 that I got for 30 dollars god knows when, 5 years ago?).

I was checking this ones on ebay in waist 30 (which seems to work the best for me, I am like in between 30 and 31 in dress pant)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-RRL-SELVEDGE...item8e07dc8b4a

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...ht_7022wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.com/RALPH-LAUREN-RRL...ht_7517wt_1139

even their claimed retail price is all over the place. What's so special about the last one for example? What additional am I paying for?

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone tell me the difference between raw RRL jeans i tried on in Japan and ones i tried on in NY? They were def different from each other but the guy working in Japan didnt exactly speak the best english to tell me what was different about them. All i could get out of him was they didnt make anything below Size 31 yet in NY i tried on a 29. For the record im talking about Raw Slim Straights

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theRRshop
Well, the third link ebay seller, is known for marking their prices way up... then tricking the public, with a mark-down.... to get you to think you are saving..

I was surprised at reading their negative posts towards their buyers who left negative feedback.. no way to treat a customer.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...s=negative_365

I would never buy from a seller that has no respect for the customer.

Get your jeans from a RRL store, this way you can try them on...

Good luck

guess I will do that when I go back to the States next time 345 pounds for jeans is too much for my blood
blush.gif
..., still in the suit crowd after all...

theRRshop

Reaction score
It is always best to be able to try on the jeans, because they seem to vary in their fit.
OR, When you are back to the States... Call any RRL store, for your size, this way you know you can return them.... or plan a visit to the Ralph Lauren Mansion on Madison, they have the best selection of all the stores... make a day-trip of it....

http://www.doublerl.com

Originally Posted by clee1982
guess I will do that when I go back to the States next time 345 pounds for jeans is too much for my blood
blush.gif
..., still in the suit crowd after all...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads