• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. look gitman lol

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't seen season 2 yet, sorry dude, I'll get on it this week and lol then.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313

IMG_0559-1.jpg

Jcrew
Jcrew
APC NS (2 years)
Wolverine 1000 mile

Solid simple fit. Jeans are looking good.
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5
1eg5P.jpg

fM5AE.jpg

SfcPy.jpg
[/SPOILER]ToJ
Gitman
W+H
Two Feet Ahead socks
Viberg x Hobo

Good

Originally Posted by Synthese
^that shirt is so rad

i6Tlzl.jpg
[/SPOILER]ssddweekendershitt\\\\

one woman we saw was "pretty sure that's a woman's shirt you're wearing," and the sales guy in the Clark's store (don't ask) assaulted me as soon as we walked in, wanted to know what "that" was. Me: What are what? Him: The shoes, dog, what else - I work in a shoe store man I'm into shoes [sic]. pretended like he knew who kris van assche was, and then said that my kicks were "hype." two thumbs up for me. he had a tie bar, so he probably knew everything about style.

I like this although I think the trousers stack a little more than is ideal.
Originally Posted by kixslf

295eqfp.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Norse Projects Harald Cap
3sixteen for Woodlands Heavyweight Overshirt
Tanner Goods
Eternal 811

Really nice over-shirt.
Originally Posted by Meis
Couple recent fits....

from when it warmed up the other day:
0rEtV.jpg

aaaand now its cold(ish) again
7yVW9.jpg

I prefer the cooler fit, but both look good.
Originally Posted by 1up
Just learning. Long way to go.

stilllearning.jpg
Really solid.
Originally Posted by CcGame
What do you guys think? First WAYWT post. I appreciate any critique. This is what I'm going for as a spring look, still in college so ignore the mess behind lol.
Edit: Oh and I don't have a camera, but it's just a white pant, Calvin Klein, fits well. I'm just more concerned about how the shirt looks. *Noob post*
Not keen on that shirt fit.
Originally Posted by slack tide
10901545.jpg

6fb7bfc8.jpg

my lovely photog and gf in front of a Sol LeWitt at the national gallery...(for all the modern art lovers out there!
smile.gif
)

fa20adca.jpg
Really good fit and nice pics

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
295eqfp.jpg

Norse Projects Harald Cap
3sixteen for Woodlands Heavyweight Overshirt
Tanner Goods
Eternal 811

solid fit.

how long have you worn those eternals for?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allgoodthings
Second attempt at this fit pic thing. Trying to enjoy the good weather while it lasts. I'm having trouble working these pants into a fit. I have wide hips for my height and large calves. Tried to get these pants tapered some more at the tailor, but she said that she would highly recommend it due to the size of my calves or whatever...

Not sure what to do about these pants. I know SF hates on cuffs big times, but they look marsupialed uncuffed. Thoughts, please?

44111592.png

WvG
EO
W+H
CP

Cuffs look okay to me - I'd have thought you could get a taouch more taper out of the legs though, but I'm no tailor...
Originally Posted by il ciclista
I'm a lover of the cuff. e0d9... nice fit, i dig the look. Kix always good.In case you're wondering yes i've been hitting the food hard lately with all this school work haha oh well. I'll get it off when i'm done being lazy.

dork by txvdub, on Flickr[/SPOILER]

Fit is fine, photo is fun.
Originally Posted by scott.m

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg
[/SPOILER]
Junya Watanabe f/w 10 coat
Junya Watanabe s/s 10 blazer
Thom Browne
Junya Watanabe x levis f/w 09
Junya Watanabe f/w 09 boots

lol brand diversity

I like the use of subtle colour.
Originally Posted by scott.m
Suede is made to dirty, I like the character. Ad anyway, how would I clean off tan suede?
Kiwi do an aerosol suede shampoo that works fine. A suede eraser gets rid of tougher marks.
Originally Posted by kgmessier
This one's from a few days back:

2011.02.08_2.jpg
Crew
Gitman
Epaulet
RL
C&J
Nice sweater.
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
More of the similar, but this time on the roof!

P.S. what the **** is with the weather in nyc?
T9g6M.jpg
ToJ
Uniqlo
Levi's
Mil. Surp.

Good.

ataru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
The making yourself look shorter or taller thing only really applies when it's a subtle effect.

I find this to be true. For example, while pants that are slightly too long or sagged slightly too much can subtly make someone's legs seem to be shorter, extremely cropped pants are so obviously shorter than necessary that it kind of takes leg length out of consideration (see aeglus' fits with the +J pants) and the same thing can apply with extreme stacking. Ditto with drop crotch pants and very sagged jeans, and both sneaker and boot tucks.

If Scott's legs are short, his style that makes leg length a non-issue is I think one effective way of keeping that from being a distraction. I don't dress like him but I like his style, including this last fit of his. His legs might look longer if he wore, say, wide leg repro khakis with big redwing engineer boots, but I like that he didn't choose to go down that path.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cold grey and damp:

20110220_main.jpg

20110220_open.jpg

Loden wool cap from local store
Barbour 'Fulham'
Uniqlo flannel shirt
Levi 752s sized down
Redwing IR

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will never catch me in dockers and redwings, sorry man. But thanks for the kind words.

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So great, MoK. I remember seeing those Red Wings in a recent pic of yours and loving them. Admittedly, I'd hoped the flannel in today's spoiler would be a red buffalo check or some such thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads