• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite/Best Rolling Stones Album?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Some Girls

Although Tattoo You has some great stuff. I love that album.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
Far away eyes video off that album has got to be the best stones video ever
I had never heard that song before. Don't know why that particular video is so great, but thanks for posting the link.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I had never heard that song before. Don't know why that particular video is so great, but thanks for posting the link.

because they are completely stoned,watch the whole thing closely...wait you never heard "far away eyes" before?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
because they are completely stoned,watch the whole thing closely...wait you never heard "far away eyes" before?
Nope. And the Stones are one of my top 5 bands.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Little red rooster?
Meh. This is more my style:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Far away eyes video off that album has got to be the best stones video ever

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I really dislike the country ***** tonk songs of the Stones. They make some of the best rock music ever but too much of their catalog is like this and I can't dig it at all.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I really dislike the country ***** tonk songs of the Stones. They make some of the best rock music ever but too much of their catalog is like this and I can't dig it at all.

i didnt either at first but then you get into it,its just like when they started out it was mostly Bluesy stuff,and then shiftetd to Rock etc...you can appreciate all of it eventually...or not

cmc

Reaction score
I'm going to go with Let it Bleed, I love everything on it except You Can't Always Get What You Want

For those looking for awesome live stuff, the best stuff hasn't been officially released: King Biscuit Flower Hour 1973 (in Brussels) and 1978 Fort Worth Show (some times called Handsome Girls) both of these are easy to find and were professionally mixed

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
See I listen to this song and I see it as a tongue-in-cheek imitation of that style. That's one of the reasons why I like it so much. I see it as a Glimmer Twin eff-off to the likes of Glen Campbell.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I already listed my 3 faves (tough choice!) but this one, quirky, and with not all the Stones, is one of my other favorites.

The entire album used to be on Youtube; now only a few of the songs are still on there. I hate when Youtube does that.

Oh well, funky, interesting, fun album.

DSC00359.jpg

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dude, you missed Black and Blue and It's Only Rock and Roll!

I would add Out of Our Heads as #4, but here's my top 3 with Exhile the apex.

Sticky Fingers (1971)
Exile on Main St. (1972)
Some Girls (1978)

am i the only one who like the Tattoo You album?
waiting on a freind,tumbling dice,slave etc...great songs

I have a soft spot for TY (and Emotional Rescue). Slave is a great song. Tumblin' Dice was on Exile.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
You can't have the Stones without Keith Richards. That's just not right.

Well, then, I guess you can't have the Stones without Brian Jones, either.

I disagree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads