• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slim Fit Khaki's/Chino's

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dscf1347.jpg
Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT! These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30). They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for. *Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers clearance items are priced at 75% off regular price this president's day weekend. I picked up a few pairs of their slim fit Milano khakis. Reg $70, Clearance $18ish

Note: this is in-store only

sgim

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
dscf1347.jpg

Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT!

These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30).

They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for.

*Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

I agree on the Dockers Khaki's they're not really that slim, but regardless the quality is good.

Zackb911

Reaction score
dscf1347.jpg

Going back to the Dockers -- DAMMIT!

These are their new 'slim fit'. (Size 32-30).

They don't strike me as very slim at all, certainly not what I was looking for.

*Please excuse the joke shirt. It's my brother's middle school Girbaud, from the very early 90's.

You sure thats the D1 fit? I upsized 1 from 32/32 to 33/32 and they're very slim (except the lower leg). 32/32's were painted on me in the seat and thigh.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zackb911
You sure thats the D1 fit? I upsized 1 from 32/32 to 33/32 and they're very slim (except the lower leg). 32/32's were painted on me in the seat and thigh.

Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants.

I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever.
laugh.gif

Zackb911

Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants. I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever.
laugh.gif

Mine definitely do not taper but sure are much slimmer up top. It boggles my mind how companies like Levis and Dockers do not do any slight taper pants. It's all straight, boot, or skinny with no happy medium of a slim fit with slight taper. I did pick up some Blue Chinos at my local BR outlet that are slim fitting and have a pretty strong taper to them (borderline skinny) for $8.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely the slim 'D 1' model they sell at the mall. By comparison, even with pretty small to regular thighs now, after a big weight loss, Levis 510 and 511s look indistinghishable from tights. The 514s are better, but questionable. And these look like...regular pants.

I was really hoping for a lot of taper at the bottom; about the only way to really see the shoes I've acquired due to the SF fever.
laugh.gif

Hmm, I agree with the previous poster... they don't look much like how D1s fit on me. Way loose in the seat and thigh.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zackb911
Mine definitely do not taper but sure are much slimmer up top.

It boggles my mind how companies like Levis and Dockers do not do any slight taper pants. It's all straight, boot, or skinny with no happy medium of a slim fit with slight taper.

I did pick up some Blue Chinos at my local BR outlet that are slim fitting and have a pretty strong taper to them (borderline skinny) for $8.

just get it tapered for like $15 at the tailors

TxdoHawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Brooks Brothers clearance items are priced at 75% off regular price this president's day weekend. I picked up a few pairs of their slim fit Milano khakis. Reg $70, Clearance $18ish Note: this is in-store only
Thanks for the heads-up. I checked my closest store open on a Sunday (damn blue laws) though, and they were completely out of these. Lady there told me she had helped someone else check other stores for stock and couldn't find any...suggested I check the nearby BB Outlet, but I called and they told me they didn't have any either. I don't know if somebody cleared out the whole area to post them on Ebay, or what.
confused.gif
I wound up settling for online deals, despite the prices being slightly worse. Can't figure out what the difference is between the "Milano Plain-Front Vintage Chinos" and the "Slim Fit Five-Pocket Vintage Chinos"...I hope very little, because the new full-price spring variants of the former fit perfect in-store, but online they only had my size in the latter. Guess I will find out when they drop in.

FrankNine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imightbechad
Where can I find a reasonably priced pair of slim fit khaki's/chino's, versatile enough to dress up or down?

I'm looking for good quality, but most of all good fit. Would it be smarter to just buy something simple and get it tailored?

I'm thinking something along the lines of this fit:

1336895742_f9e9e3252d.jpg

I would get these, but polo definitely photoshops their pictures as the fit is never anywhere near the pics.

Thanks!

Chad

Not sure where abouts your located but if you have access then I would say TopMan will defo sort you out with some nice slim and/or skinny fit chinos at a reasonable price.

stevenandy

Reaction score
I got a nice pair of vintage slim fit kahkis from gapcanada.ca for 20$!!!

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laugh.gif

Dockers makes a pant even slimmer than those, but I haven't seen them in stores yet:

pDOCK1-9220986v291a.jpg

I think they just call them "extra slim" on their site.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
Spoiler alert: Levi's slim fit dockers are slimmer fitting than regular dockers.

Clyde

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stevenandy
I got a nice pair of vintage slim fit kahkis from gapcanada.ca for 20$!!!

Which ones did you get?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads