• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickCollins1916

Reaction score
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

Seriously? With the black microcellular soles? Boo.

Good idea on the natural cxl for the LHS, but bad call on the sole IMO.
ffffuuuu.gif

Guus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by i10casual
big rock come out of nowhere, roll'in at you after you put both feet in?

Nope, it was actually a catchy jingle.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although not Alden, just wanted to give Leather Soul, and specifically Bryan at Leather Soul Beverly Hills some kudos for the quick processing and shipment of my new Whitehouse Cox and Co brown shell cordovan wallet. It is a little on the larger size, but has plenty of room for cards, business cards, cash and receipts.

Just a few notes on the wallet. The leather is buttery soft, and although it is listed as brown I think it is more between brown and color 8. Should patina quite nicely.

Here are some pics:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnnyrich7
Although not Alden, just wanted to give Leather Soul, and specifically Bryan at Leather Soul Beverly Hills some kudos for the quick processing and shipment of my new Whitehouse Cox and Co brown shell cordovan wallet. It is a little on the larger size, but has plenty of room for cards, business cards, cash and receipts.

Just a few notes on the wallet. The leather is buttery soft, and although it is listed as brown I think it is more between brown and color 8. Should patina quite nicely.

I handled that wallet at LS yesterday, really nice stuff. Definitely on my "to-buy" list.

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
The oils from the leather don't cause any issues?

None at all. I really trust Whitehouse Cox. Been around since 1875, and they seem to have a pretty big Japanese following, which usually means they are producing quality goods.

QTime

Reaction score
Hm, I´am thinking about having my Indy boots restorated by Alden.
They actually have some double leather soles on. I think I can change the sole, or?

There´s one think I´am not quiet sure off: The Boots are 270° welted. I´d prefer the 360° welt.
Do you guys think Alden can and will do this change? Maybe someone has asked them before?

Another thing. Do I just send them the boots with a handwritten letter in which I describe what I want to have done or is there some sort of PDF flying around which can be filled out?

The price is 125$, or? Does this include the shipping costs back to me? I don´t think so. Anyone knows the costs for shipping (EU-Germany)?

How can I pay?

Thanks guys!

Simon.

koalb

Reaction score
Hi All,

Need some help.

Just picked up my first pair of Aldens yesterday. 403s. Absolutely love em.

The old man at the shop laced em up for me nice and tight when I tried them on. But I just can't get the same nice feel on my own. It's really hard to 'keep tension on the line' and snug up the laces at the same time.

Any tricks?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Can everyone do me a solid and stop calling them jumpers? A jumper is something an infant wears.

These are supposed to be JUMP BOOTS as far as I can tell and are fashioned after US Army Jump boot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jump_boot

I am not sure if they are still in use in the Army but any soldier from the 80's would be familiar with them.

AIRBORNE!!!

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by QTime
Hm, I´am thinking about having my Indy boots restorated by Alden.
They actually have some double leather soles on. I think I can change the sole, or?

There´s one think I´am not quiet sure off: The Boots are 270° welted. I´d prefer the 360° welt.
Do you guys think Alden can and will do this change? Maybe someone has asked them before?

Another thing. Do I just send them the boots with a handwritten letter in which I describe what I want to have done or is there some sort of PDF flying around which can be filled out?

The price is 125$, or? Does this include the shipping costs back to me? I don´t think so. Anyone knows the costs for shipping (EU-Germany)?

How can I pay?

Thanks guys!

Simon.

See here:

http://aldenshoe.com/pro_res.htm

ChrisGold

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916
http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._calfskin.html

Seriously? With the black microcellular soles? Boo.

Good idea on the natural cxl for the LHS, but bad call on the sole IMO.
ffffuuuu.gif

Agree on the sole issue... I really liked the look of the shoe, and was ready to buy, but then saw the sole. I would have preferred either a single waterlock or even the Goodyear mini lug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics