• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Management Consulting Discussion

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
So what would count as 'major firm' in this context?

Bain, BCG, McKinsey +Accenture. Maybe Booz. Maybe IBM.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
I know these firms have a yearly intake for analysts and associates (or whatever the correct term is but you get the drift) coming from the college and MBA graduate ranks but is it possible to join say an MBB midway through the year at a junior level or does one have to wait for the beginning of the next year to start (especially if one is already working)?

I think the MBBs interview and hire off cycle as well as on. You might want to submit your resume online and then shoot an e-mail to the person who coordinates hiring at the regional office you're interested in.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any comments on risk with respect to IP?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to sure if these were answered... (forgive me if these were already answered)

Can you describe what an average day is like for an entry-level analyst/associate?

What is the difference between an analyst and/or an associate?

In an average day, are you constantly busy or are there lulls where you can take breaks?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
Not to sure if these were answered... (forgive me if these were already answered)

Can you describe what an average day is like for an entry-level analyst/associate?

What is the difference between an analyst and/or an associate?

In an average day, are you constantly busy or are there lulls where you can take breaks?

It varies so much it is hard to say. There is research, analysis, internal and client meetings, slide creation, etc. This is a resource for you:

http://www.mckinsey.com/careers/what...ay_to_day.aspx

Catalyst

Reaction score
I feel like MBB is caught up on Ivy recruiting. I can't imagine what they accept Public college students short of a Rhodes Scholar...
fight[1].gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Catalyst
I feel like MBB is caught up on Ivy recruiting. I can't imagine what they accept Public college students short of a Rhodes Scholar...
fight[1].gif

In my experience they like Berkeley and UVA students a lot.

kxk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
In my experience they like Berkeley and UVA students a lot.

Also, the regional offices (Minneapolis, etc) seem to have a fair representation of the local flagship graduates.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so what do you (artisan fan) do and what are your primary duties?

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I missed out on Kitzbuhel as well.
frown.gif
Lots of good European travel though. Did some serious damage in Milan and London and Cologne which was great for Kiton deals back in 2000.

Kitzbuhel is awesome - my favourite Firm training location

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads