• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Brands (Borsalino v. Stetson v. Makins)

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartorialism
I don't see pics of their custom hats. Their Borsalino prices are meh...

You can get an idea from their dress felt page. As far as an actual picture goes though, here are pictures of mine:

2le5a2o.jpg
2laadfl.jpg

I've since taken it back to have it shaped a bit more and make the snap more pronounced. Like I said, they're amazing hats. One of the cool things as well was that because the shop has been around (and in that spot for so long) their ribbon choices are absolutely exquisite. Mine are antique hatters ribbons that were made back close to when the store first started. They were the right color for what I was looking for, and I love the uniqueness factor. They're also not kidding when they say they can match any idea you've got. For mine, I brought in the suit that I was getting married in, and specifically was looking for the band and edge to match the tie.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
You can get an idea from their dress felt page. As far as an actual picture goes though, here are pictures of mine:

2le5a2o.jpg
2laadfl.jpg

I've since taken it back to have it shaped a bit more and make the snap more pronounced. Like I said, they're amazing hats. One of the cool things as well was that because the shop has been around (and in that spot for so long) their ribbon choices are absolutely exquisite. Mine are antique hatters ribbons that were made back close to when the store first started. They were the right color for what I was looking for, and I love the uniqueness factor. They're also not kidding when they say they can match any idea you've got. For mine, I brought in the suit that I was getting married in, and specifically was looking for the band and edge to match the tie.

Interesting! Though not really my style... Do you have pics (I'm sure you do) of the whole wedding outfit? I'm interested in seeing how it came together. Thanks!

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Squirrel
eek.gif
You ******** with your hats!
eek.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting! Though not really my style... Do you have pics (I'm sure you do) of the whole wedding outfit? I'm interested in seeing how it came together. Thanks!
I do, in fact, have alot of them, and seeing as how it's already online...
5124704209_2f5afda50a_z.jpg
That one is probably the best of the bunch for showing off the ensemble.

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do, in fact, have alot of them, and seeing as how it's already online...
5124704209_2f5afda50a_z.jpg
That one is probably the best of the bunch for showing off the ensemble.

Nice! I was wondering who but a fellow **** wears fedoras to their wedding. Is that the Gutnik Chumash behind you?
bounce2.gif
Here are three more hats I got Friday. First two are Brooks Brothers (same model as the blue one I posted Friday) and the third is Makins. All are rabbit fur. I think I'm going to return all of the Brooks Brothers hats as they're too small on me, even if they're an amazing deal.
photo4-1-1.jpg
photo3-2-1.jpg
photo9-2-1.jpg

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! I was wondering who but a fellow **** wears fedoras to their wedding. Is that the Gutnik Chumash behind you?
bounce2.gif

Here are three more hats I got Friday. First two are Brooks Brothers (same model as the blue one I posted Friday) and the third is Makins. All are rabbit fur. I think I'm going to return all of the Brooks Brothers hats as they're too small on me, even if they're an amazing deal.

Not a ****, just one of the good Goyam. You know, the kind that occasionally get sent to the right guy for a good deal and who, at the dawning of the messianic age when the jews are brought into the kingdom of heaven, someone looks back and goes "You know, I'm really going to miss him."

As to what's on the back wall... that was the decoration at the hotel where we got ready and then wed when a tornado decided that doing things outside was not going to be feasible. I wore the fedora because I'd always wanted a good fedora and the primary concern of my wife and I was that we look awesome. Given our druthers, we'd have eloped and looked awesome, but somehow the family got wind, and things escalated from there.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a ****, just one of the good Goyam. You know, the kind that occasionally get sent to the right guy for a good deal and who, at the dawning of the messianic age when the jews are brought into the kingdom of heaven, someone looks back and goes "You know, I'm really going to miss him."

Sigworthy....

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I can get a bunch of Makins hats. Would anyone be interested in purchasing?

At 50% or more off the retail price?

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I can get a bunch of Makins hats. Would anyone be interested in purchasing?

Usually there'd be a high probability, but I've already committed my budget for march elsewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads