• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New JJ Abrams TV show "Fringe"

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My first impression of it from the pilot was wrong, I just finished the second season. Strong show, gets better and better despite being formulaic and nonsensical at times. Dr. Bishop, have you ever seen anything like this before? Is the new
csi-miami.jpg

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
John Noble really makes this show better than it is. I thought Peter's origin episode was superb. I'm a sucker for the Observers.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anyone else still watching this. ive been following it since the beginning, and the overarching storyline is starting to come to a head.

mgoose

Reaction score
I am still, I think Fox is trying to kill it by moving it to friday. But it's still the best network drama and nothing else on the networks is even a close second.

And it's satisfying in a way Lost never quite was.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still watch. Fox is once again trying to destroy the only decent Sci-Fi show, but I'm still into it. It's done amazingly well, changing from monster-of-the-week to these arc episodes. Hopefully it gets another season.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I still watch. Fox is once again trying to destroy the only decent Sci-Fi show, but I'm still into it. It's done amazingly well, changing from monster-of-the-week to these arc episodes. Hopefully it gets another season.
Come on, man. I'm the first to lament the loss of Firefly, Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Dollhouse but don't you think Fox deserves some credit by giving a lot of these SCI-FI shows more than a season to shine and find an audience? I'm just sick of hearing this tired argument that Fox actively tries to get rid of these shows out of any kind of spite. Bottom line, it's a business. That being said, the show is still as engaging and complex as it was back in its first episode.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Come on, man. I'm the first to lament the loss of Firefly, Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Dollhouse but don't you think Fox deserves some credit by giving a lot of these SCI-FI shows more than a season to shine and find an audience? I'm just sick of hearing this tired argument that Fox actively tries to get rid of these shows out of any kind of spite. Bottom line, it's a business. That being said, the show is still as engaging and complex as it was back in its first episode.

Fox will never make up for the way they treated Firefly. I don't understand it, they've got millions invested in these shows....then they air half the episodes, and out of order as well? At least they're better than the SyFy channel... cancelling Farscape, BSG, SGU, and failing to replace them with actual sci-fi. That channel has become a joke....

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
Fox will never make up for the way they treated Firefly. I don't understand it, they've got millions invested in these shows....then they air half the episodes, and out of order as well? At least they're better than the SyFy channel... cancelling Farscape, BSG, SGU, and failing to replace them with actual sci-fi. That channel has become a joke....
We got a (great) movie though -- not to mention a series of decent comic books. I mean, how many people can say that about their beloved canceled shows? Not a lot I'd assume. But I do agree with SyFy. When The Sopranos ended; HBO still had The Wire, True Blood, and Boardwalk Empire up their sleeve. When BSG ended..well, ****.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This show sucked me back in after I decided to give it a second go-round, and there were some pretty good episodes near the end of season 2 / beginning of season 3. Kind of slowed down again after Fauxlivia. somewhat spoiler:
It's hilarious that I said I didn't think Olivia was attractive a while ago, because Faulivia is pretty hot. I kept thinking that if I was Peter I would not want regular Olivia at all, ahahhaha.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't enjoy season 1 at all. It felt too much like a poor man's X Files, but I kept watching to support a friend. Once the show embraced its camp and figured how to incorporate that into the serious story arc, it found its legs.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Anybody still following this? This last episode made my hair stand on end. Seriously, this is by far the best show on TV right now.

Great episode. I unfortunately read your comment before watching the episode, so I was waiting for whatever might cause my hair to stand on end. It didn't matter that I knew something was coming. It was worth the wait.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually thought the ending was kind of cheesy.
Well, not the ending itself..more like Anna Torv's attempt at mimicing William Bell..lol
Still a great show. I actually found the cold open a lot more intriguing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads