• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
oh no! not ... g-g-girlish!! Seriously look at me, do you really think that 1. I care if something is "girlish" and 2. If I did, it would even be a problem? I think the glasses look not great in this particular pic due to the angle, but I generally like them. People hated them in my last fit too where I think they looked pretty good, though haha

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dunno, dude. Those critiques are pretty useless, but honestly, yours are pretty similar.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorta surprised at the largely cold reception to the cropped trousers last fit. Seemed fine to me.

Anyway AR6, not being inquisitive in a hostile sense but just curious; how would you wear something highly saturated like that red leather DR?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Friday Night Fit, last time I use my iphone as a camera, and yes the mirror is dirty as ****. A nice 75 degree night, no outerwear needed
photo-158.jpg

photo-157.jpg

J. Lindeberg T
Raf

You look good and everything fits well, but that is a horrible waste of raf simon high tops. I mean they look good with what you're wearing, but they just kind of look like cheap leather dress shoes.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
You look good and everything fits well, but that is a horrible waste of raf simon high tops. I mean they look good with what you're wearing, but they just kind of look like cheap leather dress shoes.
Sorta agree. Looks similar to what I see on a lot of Korean guys. Still looks good overall though I want to pull an Eason and say work out more. Also adding some old man MC ****, so here's what I actually wore on Friday (because I had an interview):
tumblr_lgv2ciXhZu1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lgv2dm552r1qcq3abo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lgv2gaxpe61qcq3abo1_400.jpg
Close-ups:
tumblr_lgv2ewuP6P1qcq3abo1_500.jpg
tumblr_lgv2h655UT1qcq3abo1_500.jpg

Items:
  • Overcoat: Tom Ford
  • Suit: Uniqlo
  • Shirt: Savile Row Korea
  • Tie: muji
  • Shoes: Fratelli Rossetti
And the FU SC (or other FU stuff) challenge on MC has some... interesting entries.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unc that shirt goes really well with the jean wash, nice stuff. I dunno if you have a jacket that would've worked with this stuff, but I love this how it is and that would be the only way to make it better, imo.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Anyway AR6, not being inquisitive in a hostile sense but just curious; how would you wear something highly saturated like that red leather DR?
As you probably guessed when you ordered it it's a tough one. I think first of all that it'll look better generally once you've worn it enough that it isn't uniformly cherry colour. I think probably stacked black or dark jeans over some sort of black boot and a white v neck would be the easiest way. Ie if I owned it I'd wear it with my Helmut black waxed denim (which I wear with everything), my Mihara or Yohji boots and a white vneck or one of my w+h thermals. I have had similar issues wearing the black / white rafstros with an otherwise all black fit, it's okay but the sudden "dark dark dark dark WHOA WHITE" thing is still offputting and that's on my feet, whereas a jacket is right in your face. Think of an all white fit with a black cropped jacket on top. In my head, that looks awkward to me. Same effect. I think there at least you needed a different coloured shirt underneath to break it up. I can get behind the bottom half of that Uncontrol fit even though the jeans could again use a half inch of thigh room. Less interested in the belt tuck, the short shiny v neck and the glasses.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by driveslowk
tGu80.jpg

AWtAz.jpg

Olafur Eliasson exhibit? I went to see one in SF a couple years ago and it was mind blowingly good.

cez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Gordo
Uncontrol, I like your fits but you should cut your bangs; they look kinda aggravatingly emo right now. Cut 'em short for that David Bowie swag

DavidBowie2.jpg

b9384ecb-3d17-11dd-8aad-df4438aeb6df.jpg

saelan

Reaction score
You know, I have no problem with androgynous style or with flashier looks, but every time uncontrol posts and gets respect, my mind is blown. I find his whole aesthetic unbelievably tacky.

James_M

Reaction score
It's just a really cliched aesthetic. It's not really out there, or daring like it wants to be. It just looks like what Japanese teenagers think number one rock 'n roll stars wear.

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads